The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do when Miller returns from injury

It_all_began_In_1970

The issue I have is the time off for Miller. It's tough to throw him back in net after five or six weeks off.

I'm not sure it's that difficult. No more difficult than it was to throw Lack into the starting job.

I would think before they let him come back they would get some practices under his belt and make sure he's in game shape. We're looking ok but it wouldn't take much for this team to be on the outside looking in. Can't see the team just throwing him in as soon as he's off the ir if he wasn't ready.

Lack has been average overall since Miller's been injured. Markstrom will be sent down and Miller will be the number 1.

More often than not Lack has actually been far above average. He's had some stinkers and he's also had some (more) great games. The rest have been good.

Miller will be back as the number 1 for sure but don't sell Lack short.

.930 save percentage or more in every game since Millers been injured.

Boston: .976

Buffalo: .783

St. Louis: .872

Arizona: .943

San Jose: .950

So no, he has not had at least a .930 SV% since Miller's injury.

What a nice problem to have. 2 goalies who can both be #1's. I see Markstrom getting traded this summer, especially if they sign O'Connor and Eddie slowly eating into Millers playing time for the next 2 seasons. What a luxury to have ::D

you missed the game on the island where he was first star and got miller the W after miller left hurt...stopped 27 of 27 s% 1.000,and when he came in quick on a night he thought he had off and stopped 23 of 24 after bailing out markstrom s% .958 he didnt have a great night in buffalo or st louis but tell me who on the team did?? we wouldve had the same result if we had broduer in his prime in net those games.

Easy.

1.You send down Markstrom.

2. Eddie Lack rests, becomes our backup again.

3. You go with Miller on a nightly basis since he's our starting goalie.

4.????

5. No goalie controversy.

That wasn't so hard now was it?

I'm on my cell phone so I can't +1 you, but I am this close to clicking the "full version" button just to +1 you for that amazing comment.

Yeah might have misread on the stats a bit there ... Well atleast above .930 in 4/7 games since Millers injury vs the Rangers.

The issue I have is the time off for Miller. It's tough to throw him back in net after five or six weeks off.

what issue? you guys were willing to throw schneider back in net after coming off an injury in the middle of the playoff when he's not even 100% healthy

what issue? you guys were willing to throw schneider back in net after coming off an injury in the middle of the playoff when he's not even 100% healthy

that was after 2 losses and our team was looking for any kind of spark and Lu wasn't making a difference in the games either. different situation.

I can't speak for the rest of CDC but I wasn't even a member here when Schneider was around.

And I'm not sure how to double quote on my phone, but what he said there ^^

It's not that complicated. When Miller's back from injury, he plays because he's the #1. If he struggles in the first game he gets another game. If he struggles again, play Eddie. At this point when every game is important, there's a very small margin for error. Whoever is playing better gets to keep playing from here on.

here is a little break down...

february for miller he played in 8 games ( one of the games was only 1 period before he got hurt) in those 8 appearance he had a combined 4-4 record (one win should be lacks as it was the islander game)

.893 S%, 3.23 GAA and faced on averaged 25 shots per game.

Eddie since comming in is 3-1-1 (and a couple no decisions as he came in for miller when hurt and markstrom vs SJ) hes had a combined .930 S% , 2.41 GAA and has faced on average in this stretch 32 shots per game....

so which one has just been average?

Archived