The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

First time going to Canucks game

likiud

So I'm going to my first Canucks game tomorrow against Anaheim. I have a few questions to ensure I get the most out of my experience.

What's the best place to park (cost and location wise)?

How early should I arrive?

Are there any places in the arena I should explore?

Fan etiquette?

Anything important I should know.

Thanks

EDIT: Skytrain is probably not an ideal option as I live in Abbotsford and I want to try to get home sooner than later.

So I'm going to my first Canucks game tomorrow against Anaheim. I have a few questions to ensure I get the most out of my experience.

Fan etiquette?

Thanks

I would skytrain down much easier

6:30 if you want to catch warmup / line rushes.

Enjoy the game! Last sunday I went to the Blues game, it was my first game in 13 years. I got there about an hour before hand just to explore everything, take photos, watch the warm up, etc. It was really enjoyable to get there early. It seems obvious but the first thing about the game I noticed was no announcers! I'm serious it was strange :lol:

But after that you get to see a lot you don't on the TV. I really enjoyed the intensity of Kassian every time he was on the ice. You could feel it. Kenins was pretty cool to watch as well, Horvat was such a steady confident presence on the ice.

My suggestion if you are coming from Abbotsford is park at surrey central or king george and skytrain in. I did the same thing and it worked quite well. Anyway enjoy!

Wear your finest knock off jersey. Stop at the Costco and spend 14 dollars on 7 hot dogs and 1 side of fries. Get frisked by minimum wage security. Spend 40 dollars on 5 budweisers. Watch the game and take like 63 pictures. 4 selfies to prove you are there. Forget your pants. Skytrain home.

Wear your finest knock off jersey. Stop at the Costco and spend 14 dollars on 7 hot dogs and 1 side of fries. Get frisked by minimum wage security. Spend 40 dollars on 5 budweisers. Watch the game and take like 63 pictures. 4 selfies to prove you are there. Forget your pants. Skytrain home.

Scratch what I said earlier. Do what this guy says!

Get there early enough for the pre game skate. Gives you a chance to see the team up close. Always worth it. Food and booze is obviously expensive so if your cheap or don't wanna spend a lot on it get dinner before hand and remember beer is about $7.75 a pop. For parking your looking at around $15-20 for the evening unless you sky train which is way cheaper and easier. Just remember to enjoy yourself.

Fan etiquette?

Thanks

EDIT: Skytrain is probably not an ideal option as I live in Abbotsford and I want to try to get home sooner than later.

There's an Impark public parking garage on Richards street, I believe the address is 555 or 565 Richards street. Parking after 6pm is $6.50 for the whole night. It's only a 5 minute walk to the Arena from there.

Be parked by 6 so you can get into the arena by 6:15.

Doors open at 6 and I'd aim to be there around that time so you're not rushed. You can go right down to the glass for warm ups...it's pretty cool to do that.

Sometimes they have alumni signing autographs so wander around just in case.

Have fun!

Doors open at 6 but if you're an eager beaver or want to buy souvenirs you can enter the team store at gate 6 at 5:30. The boys hit the ice for warmups around 6:25 or so. There are some neat displays on both concourses including the Olympic wall at around 312 and one of the cool Canuck displays at 315. There's aother interactive wall around 121 or so. When they have alumni doing signings they're often at the Olympic wall.

I would get into the arena at about six. You can explore Rogers Arena, and sometimes they have signings set up (mostly alumni like Jack McIlhargey or Garry Monahan, but I also met Bo Horvat and Frank Corrado this way). You'll also have some time to take pictures of the players during warm up.

EDIT: Also, eat at Costco before you go in.

Fan etiquette?

Thanks

Like everyone says, I would skytrain parking is expensive. show up around 6 if you want to check out the warm-ups.

If its your first time, you have to try and start the wave.

Archived