The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHEN JOHNNY COMES HOME

granpappy

things could work out really well for us in the next few years. there are many young, up and coming local nhl'ers at various levels of development and as each year goes by, they are each heading toward a ufa status. it is like compounding interest; in the next 3-4-5 years we will have the opportunity to woo some of them back home. local boys playing for the local team. paul kariya didn't want to but i suspect in this latest crop of budding stars, sentiments may be different and there may be an opportunity for us to sign some of these fellas.

as for cap space, looking several years ahead, we will be free of most if not all of our current contracts for what amounts to end of career players thus meaning we will have the luxury of plenty of cap room.

whether jb continues to draft local kids or not, we may be in for one of the most unique canuck dynasties in our history, a local rep team so to speak.

hoping/lokking forward to: change is coming

a johhny canuck jersey for these boys to wear would be nice also

griffin reinhart, sam reinhart, morgan reilly, johansen. rnh . . . for beginners. maybe we get barzal in the draft

What makes you think they will make it to the FA market before getting traded or signed elsewhere?

This is purely your opinion and I respect that. However, you're stating it like it's a fact. That guys from B.C. are going to want to come here to play. At the end of the day it is only opinion and I don't see why players are going to be jumping to come play for the Canucks like you claim. It hasn't happened in the past so why is it going to happen now?

This is purely your opinion and I respect that. However, you're stating it like it's a fact. That guys from B.C. are going to want to come here to play. At the end of the day it is only opinion and I don't see why players are going to be jumping to come play for the Canucks like you claim. It hasn't happened in the past so why is it going to happen now?

where did i state this a s a fact? in re-reading the post i see words/phrases such as : could, suspect, opportunity, sentiments may be different, hoping . . . jeesh pa

It might help in draft interviews but thats about it. Lots of kids getting drafted out of mainland an BC in general will have been watching the glory years which is nice as fans of our team.

Upcoming UFA have moved on after being in the league. It might be a small bonus in negotiations but I doubt it matters much.

Archived