The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blast from the past: old highlight coverage of 1994 SCF game 5 ft. young John Shorthouse

TheRussianRocket.

21 years ago...

http://youtu.be/-N9Bgt-Blqg

Then:

shortycommie-1.jpg

Now:

john-shorthouse.jpg

Jesus. What happened to Shorty's voice lol. So many things to take from this video, just thought I'd share it. What especially sticks out to me is the goaltending - man has that ever changed. Seems just winding up taking a slapshot back then gave you a 50/50 chance at scoring :lol: and it's cool seeing the Canucks players getting interviewed at the end there...kinda weird for whatever reason tbh lol.

I'm such a noob. I had no idea Vancouver rioted after the loss in 94... :picard:

I didn't find out about it until 2011, so don't feel too bad :P. I'm not sure how bad it was though; was it worse than 2011 or not?

I didn't find out about it until 2011, so don't feel too bad :P. I'm not sure how bad it was though; was it worse than 2011 or not?

2011 was far worse, the city invited everyone downtown, prob 100 000 then the loss and then the idiots started and it escalated from there.

I remember watching game 7 at a friends house. He had just recently turned 19 but still lived upstairs in a suite above his parents. After the Canucks lost another guy who was there threw his tv off the balcony onto the driveway. We were drinking a lot and man it seemed funny at the time. The guys parents were not amused though.

Back during the 90's when Shorty and Dave Randorf were doing Sports Page, Robin Williams was doing a movie in town and was hanging around the bowels of the Coliseum one night after a game. Geoff Courtnall invited him into the locker room to meet the fellas. Robin went into crazy mode and mocked a hockey fight, picking on Shorty, who was working the postgame interviews that night. It was priceless. I don't know that any video of it survives, although it's probably in some CKVU vault somewhere.

Archived