The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Point Projections - Nearing the season's end

-AJ-

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As we're nearing the end of the season, this will be the last time I do this. A benefit of being so close to the end of the season is that these stats should be the most accurate ones yet. It should be noted that these numbers are purely quantitative and don't take into account the liklihood of a player returning or not returning.

If you want to see how the projections have changed over the seasons, feel free to check out the older topics of this nature.

1/5 mark point projections - http://forum.canucks...paces-thus-far/

1/3 mark point projections - http://forum.canucks...at-the-13-mark/

1/2 mark point projections - http://forum.canucks.com/topic/366485-canucks-point-projections-at-the-halfway-point/#entry12543034

With that out of the way, here they are, point projections based on 66 games!

First, the projections for our skaters:

Team%20pace%20after%2066%20games%202014-

Next, our goaltenders:

Goalie%20Paces%20after%2066%20games%2020

And finally, the team's record:

Team%20pace%20after%2066%20games%202014-

Some things, I've noted:

- The twins have maintained their offensive production levels, whereas the rest of the league has slowed down

- Henrik is on pace to nearly reach 20 goals, which he's only done twice in his career

- Our offense drops off significantly after the Sedins and Vrbata

- We have 12 players on pace for 10 or more goals, which is an insanely high number. For reference, we had 8 last year, 10 in 2011-12, and 9 in 2010-11.

- Matthias is on pace to make 20 goals, which is a big surprise

- Weber is on pace for 7 goals, leading our defense, and setting a career high

- Both Tanev and Dorsett are on pace to set career highs in points.

Hamhuis is our most productive offensive D-man, and best or 2nd-best defensively.

He's definitely been great lately. Isn't scoring, but occasionally jumps up at good times and makes things happen.

Puts some stuff into perspective, thanks for posting. Scoring is sort of spread out beyond the twins and Vrbata. Across our D, the point totals are kind of pitiful. Yet somehow, we're winning games.

Matthias at 20-10 isn't worth the $4m some people think he's worth. That production from Dorsett, Horvat and Hansen is remarkable though. Aside from a scoring drought in January, team-wide I think we could have seen some really nice production. If those 30-35 point guys were in the 40 range, it would look much better.

I voted other just because of Horvat. I thought he would have had a successful season if he got 20 points. Now he's there so everything else is just icing in the cake.

Of course the Sedins playing like their old selves is the major runner up! If you were to slip their highlights from this year in a 2011 reel, no one would notice.

I voted other just because of Horvat. I thought he would have had a successful season if he got 20 points. Now he's there so everything else is just icing in the cake.

Of course the Sedins playing like their old selves is the major runner up! If you were to slip their highlights from this year in a 2011 reel, no one would notice.

Yeah, I thought about that just before you posted, so I added it into the list of options :P

Hopefully Clendenning can pick up the offense a bit too. He had 59 points in the AHL as a 20 year old. Better than PK at the same age, on a lesser team.. for whatever that's worth.

With the string of injuries that occurred during his call-up, it was kind of like trying to learn defense while playing for the Oilers.

God damn, Edler needs some help back there or he really isn't progressing at all, help or not. The dude is regressing offensively..

I'm actually fine with Edler regressing offensively because he has improved so much defensively. We definitely need more offense from the back-end though.

For me im most impressed by how well the depth has played this season, including the rookies. There where games where the only reason (besides goaltending) we won was because the bottom lines were producing. Im also very impressed with Vrbata. In-fact im ecstatic on how this year turned out, and im very happy with the team. Last year was truly rock bottom, its good to see these guys having fun again. I cant stop smiling after seeing Kassian smile when he scored his goal against the ducks ::D

We have 3 rookies in the top 40 in terms of production. That gets me excited. Throw in guys like Gaunce, Shinkaruk, and Virtanen trying to make the team and all of a sudden our future looks pretty bright. I'm already predicting a 40+ point season for Bo next year.

Archived