The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible Round 1 Matchup Predictions?

IbanezRG

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Assuming we make Playoffs.

I pick chicago.

Encase you arent as familiar with the rivalry as some of us are.

And of course....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoqnNkUbAk

What matchup are you hoping for round one?

This thread is not a poll because its intended to be a discussion.

And if you plan on just complaining about the thread, Get a Life.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Take this as a grain of salt as obviously theres a ton of season to go before the positions are finalized.

But this is the round one matchup I'm hoping for.

And of course....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoqnNkUbAk.

What matchup are you hoping for round one?

And if you plan on just complaining about the thread, Get a Life.

pretty sure we're lined up with Calgary are we not? You're still using the old conference standings.

I would love a Vancouver/Chicago series. I feel like we match up a lot better against them than Anaheim or LA.

Imo the Hawks beat us on paper, but the fact that our core has so much history with the chicago core esentially throws stats out the window, which makes for a fun series.

I also just want the rivalry re ignited since it's been a bit more dormant recently.

Almost impossible to play the Hawks in the 1st round.

If we finish 2nd or 3rd in the division, then we play the 3rd or 2nd placed team.

Right now, that's Calgary.

16 teams will qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The format is a set bracket that is largely division-based with wild cards.

The top three teams in each division will make up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference, based on regular-season record and regardless of division. It is possible for one division in each conference to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends just three.

In the First Round, the division winner with the best record in each conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the lesser record; the wild card team with the better record will play the other division winner.

The teams finishing second and third in each division will meet in the First Round within the bracket headed by their respective division winners. First-round winners within each bracket play one another in the Second Round to determine the four participants in the Conference Finals.

Home-ice advantage through the first two rounds goes to the team that placed higher in the regular-season standings. In the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record -- regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions.

Just about zero chance of Van/Chi first round matchup. Either us or them would have to win their respective division and the other qualify for the playoffs in a corresponding wild card position.

A series with the Flames would be a good first round matchup. It would be some exciting hockey. I would be worried by Calgary's never-quit-we-love-comebacks hockey, but I would hope our playoff experience would make the difference. It is still a better physical matchup that the rest of the conference though.

Vancouver vs Calgary or LA

Canucks Sweep both teams in 4 games

Then jets who beat Anaheim will get pushed aside by us in 5 and then we Sweep the blues and go on to the scf where we beat the penguins in 5.

NuxforcupBOOYA

as long as we get healthy every team shoukd be scared of us we go in as underdog but teams know weve continued winning with a rat tag ahl team last month now we are almost 100 percent healthy teams like ducks dont want us in first round. i hooe we play flames blues or hawks in first round duck and preds will have tough time beating wild and jets plus im hoping kings miss playoffs lets put a knife in their back next game

Archived