The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What happened to Prab Rai ?

bohonos76

What ever happened to Prab Rai?

A Gillis draft pick in 2008, he was supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd East Indian player to ever suit up in the NHL (from memory) and the one and only since Robin Bawa to suit up for the Canucks !!

The guy had speed... I think he lit it up on the Thunderbirds... and was from Surrey to boot !! (Go figure)

So a local BC draft pick from the Gillis regime.

But I can't see him on the Comets roster at all, is he buried in the ECHL somewhere?

I vaguely do remember him doing well at the young starts camp at one time.

The Praber was supposed to have some serious potentional !

Was he the one who got smoked by a car on Granville street or was that just some random defencemen?

Did he just end up rolling with the wrong crowd or something?

I can't find any information on him... it's like he vanished off of the face of this earth???

Is everything ok with Prab Rai ????

He sucks is what happened to him.

I remember watching a vid of him on the Canucks website and he was too slow/bad at skating...

One of the drills he even fell when they were skating backwards at high speed.

I think Gillis only drafted him to appease the brown community...

you are a loser

I always tended to question his work ethic. He asked for more ice time rather than try and earn it. He was more of a perimeter player rather than going to the net. I saw those as warning signs that he wasn't going to make it and never had a lot of faith in him as a result.

He didn't like the traffic on the boards or the toughness required to get in front of the net, he was a stranger in his own end, but his greatest failing as a hockey player is that he had nowhere left to play.

• 2 months later...

what about that knob that decided to try and be a country singer after he got drafted by the Canucks ?

Chad Brownlee? He's actually doing pretty well I think. Might not be a worldwide superstar but is making a decent name for himself in the Canadian music world from what I've heard.

Pretty sure Rai wasn't even ranked in the top 210 of North American skaters at the 2008 draft.

Similar situation when the Canucks drafted the old goalie coach's son Morgan Clark. 7 years later he couldn't even crack the starting lineup at Xavier University in his 4th year.

Neither of those 2 players were ever in any danger of getting drafted by any team other than the Canucks for what they could do on the ice.

He didn't like the traffic on the boards or the toughness required to get in front of the net, he was a stranger in his own end, but his greatest failing as a hockey player is that he had nowhere left to play.

Harry Neale called...

Pretty sure Rai wasn't even ranked in the top 210 of North American skaters at the 2008 draft.

Similar situation when the Canucks drafted the old goalie coach's son Morgan Clark. 7 years later he couldn't even crack the starting lineup at Xavier University in his 4th year.

Neither of those 2 players were ever in any danger of getting drafted by any team other than the Canucks for what they could do on the ice.

Yeah, kind of makes you think that the Nucks management and scouts didn't care about late round draft picks. Piss poor attitude, I'd say.

Yeah, kind of makes you think that the Nucks management and scouts didn't care about late round draft picks. Piss poor attitude, I'd say.

Not sure that's too different for most teams. I don't know the numbers but the number of later Picks that ever make it must be pretty low.

pretty much, other teams were taking flyers on players with potential, some actually panned out, those 2 picks were thrown away

Joacim Ericsson and Lindback were even taken after Clark and they were ranked much higher

Archived