The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we start Markstrom against the Leafs?

ruilin96

Jacob Markstrom  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So if Markstrom is put back in the net and he gets pulled again, what happens after that? Do they play him yet again?

Coach says 2 or 3 more weeks for Miller so I'd guess they'd like to get at least 2 games out of Markstrom. If he's in a gets lit up? It's anybodies guess but I suppose they'll ride Lack.

Me, I'd dress Garret but it might not be legal. :)

Canucks just had 2 days off before tonight's Kings game, and have 2 days off after Leafs game. That's 7 days (Tuesday the 10th to Monday the 16th) with just 2 games...while the schedule's not busy, play our one healthy guy we know can get the job done (hint: it isn't Markstrom).

2 sets of back-to-backs later this month, wait until then to throw Markstrom back in

Canucks just had 2 days off before tonight's Kings game, and have 2 days off after Leafs game. That's 7 days (Tuesday the 10th to Monday the 16th) with just 2 games...while the schedule's not busy, play our one healthy guy we know can get the job done (hint: it isn't Markstrom).

2 sets of back-to-backs later this month, wait until then to throw Markstrom back in

This.

Sure. Unless we need the points in which case no.

I would keep riding Eddie if he stays hot. Toronto has had a terrible season, but have been playing better as of late, and still have lots of firepower up front. We can't afford to lose points, I would start Markstrom against Arizona on the 21st. It's the second game of a back to back and we didn't look good last time we played them, maybe the boys will step it up to help out Markstrom.

I would keep riding Eddie if he stays hot. Toronto has had a terrible season, but have been playing better as of late, and still have lots of firepower up front. We can't afford to lose points, I would start Markstrom against Arizona on the 21st. It's the second game of a back to back and we didn't look good last time we played them, maybe the boys will step it up to help out Markstrom.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens but it will depend on Eddy staying steady.

I doubt even the Leafs want to embarrass themselves on Saturday afternoon during the HNIC game.

In my opinion, there's a time and place for starting Markstrom, and that's after the Canucks secure a playoff spot.

Eddie might burn out playing two weeks straight, but that's OK because Miller should be ready to go by the time playoffs start.

This.

Can't risk throwing away a game on Markstrom again. Once the playoffs are locked in, we can give him another shot.

Eddie got an extra day off yesterday, and there isn't a back-to-back until the 30th. So he should be alright.

This.

Can't risk throwing away a game on Markstrom again. Once the playoffs are locked in, we can give him another shot.

Eddie got an extra day off yesterday, and there isn't a back-to-back until the 30th. So he should be alright.

I agree. But there is a back to back on the 21st as well. They could play him in the Phoenix game but only if we have some space between us and the kings and flames which is not likely.

Archived