The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Will Iginla finish his career as a Flame?

Scorvat

Jarome Iginla was traded to the Penguins by the Flames a few years ago, in hopes of Iginla getting a shot at the stanley cup. Now at the time the Flames were a bottom feeder and didn't seem like they would be a contender again for a long time. Since then the Flames have improved greatly, and are currently pushing for a playoff spot. Jerome however, is on a colorado team that is bound to miss the playoffs.

So i've been thinking, will Iginla request a trade to calgary during the offseason to try and get a cup for the team hes played most of his career for?

Calgary has quite a few picks they could use to get him.

What do you guys think?

Jarome Iginla was traded to the Penguins by the Flames a few years ago, in hopes of Iginla getting a shot at the stanley cup. Now at the time the Flames were a bottom feeder and didn't seem like they would be a contender again for a long time. Since then the Flames have improved greatly, and are currently pushing for a playoff spot. Jerome however, is on a colorado team that is bound to miss the playoffs.

So i've been thinking, will Iginla request a trade to calgary during the offseason to try and get a cup for the team hes played most of his career for?

Calgary has quite a few picks they could use to get him.

What do you guys think?

? - Should be moved !

You do know that the Flames are one of our mortal enemies!

P.S. - I hate the Flames!

This kind of involves the canucks. It will be a tougher team to play in our division next season

I wonder what the Toronto will pick with their 5th round draft selection. Oh wait this should be under Around the NHL. Never mind, "this kind of involves the canucks." The Leaf could be our opponent in 2025 SCF.

I highly doubt it. Calgary has moved on and has a good, young team that seems to play hard for each other. I don't think they would upset the room by bringing Iginla back.

I don't think Iginla would upset anything,

What I hear from people who know him (I've never met him) is that he is every bit the class act he appears to be on TV, ultimate team player with little ego, except that he will beat your a$$ if necessary.

I think he would help the Flames youth, not keep them down.

I don't think Iginla would upset anything,

What I hear from people who know him (I've never met him) is that he is every bit the class act he appears to be on TV, ultimate team player with little ego, except that he will beat your a$$ if necessary.

I think he would help the Flames youth, not keep them down.

Exactly this. If i were a Flames fan id be hoping for Iginla back. Even as a Canuck fan. I miss the Flames Canucks intense battles which is why im hoping for them in the 1st round. And also so we dont have to play LA lol

The flames and canucks are rivals? Now way... Since when?

Wait, that wasn't the reason you put this in Canucks Talk?

Thankfully this was moved to the correct forum, and I could see a final return for Iggy to Calgary. But I doubt he forces a return there.

Calgary has a ton of cap space. I think this seasons success came as a surprise.

Cause they do sell out and tickets aren't cheap.

Now that they are competitive, I can see them throwing some cash around this summer.

Would that include Iginla? I don't know. But they will be players in the FA market.

I just watched the Anaheim game. Calgary really outplayed them.

I find it a true injustice that Iginla is not on this very decent Flames team. I hope he can get back there by the end of his current contract. Iginla for a 2016 1st if Avs are out of the playoff race by next years deadline. Bring him home. No different than Linden coming home late in his career.

Calgary is doing well, but is still far from a contender. If he requested anywhere specific it would be to a team with a realistic shot.

If he goes back to Calgary, it would only be for the purpose of retiring there.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

I could see Iggy signing one of those "one day" contracts in Cowtown when his current contract is up, so he can officially retire as a Flame.

After that, it's just a matter of deciding on what night they raise his sweater to the rafters.

Yes I don't believe he will return to the Flames as a player, next time well see him is when his number is being retired. It would likely upset the balance that the team has found since his departure, while it would be awesome to see him skating with the Flames again I just don't think is feasable, too much has happened here since he left.

Archived