The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Will Iginla finish his career as a Flame?

Scorvat

Don't know, but I'm reading The Best Seat In the House and Noodles makes him sound like a really nice guy off the ice who was always super nice to fans so it would be nice for him to end his career with the team he spent most of it with.

Hate the flames annoying fan base but their team they have created is really good. Good for them, but again I hate the flame fans with a passion. Furthermore, I don't want to meet Calgary in the first round either.

At this point it looks like it's going to be either Calgary or LA. That's an easy choice for me...

Have you personally met flames fans ?

I've met several and I have to disagree with desi's assessment. However, we all have our personal experiences and it's certainly within the realm of possibility that he's met some obnoxious Flames fans. Personally, I don't see that they've had much reason to be obnoxious for quite some time and I'm actually enjoying their success this season. (especially if it ends up knocking the Kings down a peg in the end)

It's my experience that the most obnoxious fans around are Habs' fans (that is, if we discount Canuck fans)

Op cmon! Do u actually think the flames are going to contend in the next few years? You have typical bandwagon canucks fan written all over you. when things suck, the team is the worst but the first sign of success then you do a 180. Iginla wants a cup and he will go to a true contender if anyone.

I'm sure Iginla would welcome the opportunity to go back to a much better Flames team, in which he may be able to push them to become a 'contender'. I personally don't think they are good enough yet to make a big push in the playoffs, maybe in a year or two though?

The flames are a better and younger team, if they could grab Iginla without jeopardising their future, I'm sure they would consider it but if it is going to cost them a few picks and/or a few of their young players, I don't think management will think it's worth the risk. Management is professional and will do what is best for the team, they won't go after a guy just because he was a big part of the team before.

Archived