The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Matthias a centre or left winger in your eyes?

billabong

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The man has had a career year playing LW but is that just a coincidence that he's playing solid minutes on a good team in a contract year or is that where he belongs? He's played centre most of his career and he's a solid face off man with considerable size.

Would you play him at centre or left wing?

Personally I'd keep him at LW because he has more chances to use his size to drive to the net and get in on the forecheck

the question should be why is Vey a centre when he is meant for RW?

He played centre up until he made it to the NHL. Only then was he switched. I like Matthias and Vey better as winger. Richie plays best at center out of the 3.

He produces more at C, but he's not the best faceoff man. I find when he's at C he's willing to drive it to the net, whereas if he plays wing he's more likely to be digging in the corners.

This statement of diametrically opposite of what the OP said so I'm confused as to who's right. I believe the OP is correct in saying this has been a career year at left wing so your first comment is null and void.

I haven't seen him much on the draw, nor have I looked at his faceoff stats, so idk on that one.

Lastly he's been driving to the net all year (playing wing) so unless he's always been that way, you're probably wrong on that too.

Was this a troll? I feel like it was a troll..

This statement of diametrically opposite of what the OP said so I'm confused as to who's right. I believe the OP is correct in saying this has been a career year at left wing so your first comment is null and void.

I haven't seen him much on the draw, nor have I looked at his faceoff stats, so idk on that one.

Lastly he's been driving to the net all year (playing wing) so unless he's always been that way, you're probably wrong on that too.

Was this a troll? I feel like it was a troll..

I think a lot of his goals came while he was playing centre when Bonino was out. To me he looked as if he were more comfortable at centre and seemed to be more of a threat from there. Near the end of his tenure there his draw percentages were getting better too. I was actually surprised WD switched him back to wing after having such a productive spell.

Centre is a very important position so right now Matthias should be playing in the middle instead of Vey who routinely gets overpowered by bigger, more physical opposing forwards. When Richardson gets back, Matthias can go back onto the wing as H. Sedin, Bonino, Richardson, Horvat is a very solid group in the middle of the ice. Being a winger seems to give him more opportunities to use his speed and strength when crashing the net. He's able to beat defenceman to the outside quite a bit.

Archived