The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Confused about the price of fuel

TLindenIsGod

Well in fairness, you're pretty much paying for the delivery/container...not really the water itself. That people pay (and pay exorbitant prices) for it is their own stupidity.

But given how ignorant, stupid and apathetic people in general are about a great many things they should care far more about, and absolutely dismissive of the environmental impacts of that same ignorance and waste, it really should come as no surprise.

Frankly people would be far better off (health, financially, environment) investing in a quality, stainless steel, thermos style water bottle and filling it with tap water (or if you're pickier, something along the lines of a Brita).

KLEAN_KANTEEN_NEWSPOST.jpg

Insulated_water_bottle.jpg

Don't most people but the odd bottle in a pinch when thirsty and their bottle is empty, frozen, or warm?

I know I do...

Well in fairness, you're pretty much paying for the delivery/container...not really the water itself. That people pay (and pay exorbitant prices) for it is their own stupidity.

But given how ignorant, stupid and apathetic people in general are about a great many things they should care far more about, and absolutely dismissive of the environmental impacts of that same ignorance and waste, it really should come as no surprise.

Frankly people would be far better off (health, financially, environment) investing in a quality, stainless steel, thermos style water bottle and filling it with tap water (or if you're pickier, something along the lines of a Brita).

KLEAN_KANTEEN_NEWSPOST.jpg

Insulated_water_bottle.jpg

Best water bottle available is the gatorade ones the players use..

No need to take off the cap and just squeeze for a steady flow..

The dollar rises and falls with oil prices, not the other way around. Anyone who says otherwise is either a) buying into the propaganda or b.) benefiting from the propaganda

I am not sure I understand you as this statement is ambiguous to me. As written the first half implies a correlation between the Canadian dollar and oil price, but from your second sentence you are suggesting a causality, which if I interpret you correctly, you are suggesting that changes in oil price affects the strength of CAD?

Regardless I'm not sure what your point is. I merely pointed out that the drop in oil price is not as big when expressed in canadian dollar terms.

Victoria is the same thing, though even dumber. The gas prices went down to 99.9 here for a couple weeks and now it's 120.9. How is it you can afford to get the prices way down and then all of a sudden say all this bull$&!# about why the prices are high. You did it once already and didn't shut down. This is a blatant screw job and I'm sure the media will grab hold soon if it hasn't already.

Victoria is the same thing, though even dumber. The gas prices went down to 99.9 here for a couple weeks and now it's 120.9. How is it you can afford to get the prices way down and then all of a sudden say all this bull about why the prices are high. You did it once already and didn't shut down. This is a blatant screw job and I'm sure the media will grab hold soon if it hasn't already.

No.

It all has to do with OPEC and what's going on with Russia and Iran..

Three countries got screwed over.. Canada, Russia, and slightly Iran.

Victoria is the same thing, though even dumber. The gas prices went down to 99.9 here for a couple weeks and now it's 120.9. How is it you can afford to get the prices way down and then all of a sudden say all this bull about why the prices are high. You did it once already and didn't shut down. This is a blatant screw job and I'm sure the media will grab hold soon if it hasn't already.

Right? I'm in Nanaimo and it dropped to 95.9, and at that time our dollar was like 80 cents to the USD(Barrel of oil was 48$ or so). So our dollar dropping two cents means we get price jacked 25 cents a liter? I honestly think it's better that I don't understand how it all works.

Right? I'm in Nanaimo and it dropped to 95.9, and at that time our dollar was like 80 cents to the USD(Barrel of oil was 48$ or so). So our dollar dropping two cents means we get price jacked 25 cents a liter? I honestly think it's better that I don't understand how it all works.

OPEC

How bout stop buying water in plastic bottles period. It is not even water it is pretty much dead and acidic. Plastic bottles have polluted the worlds oceans at a unfathomable rate. Ocean wild life will take centuries maybe millennia to purge the toxins we have dumped into them :(

Right on brother , cracks me up when i see people paying $2.50 for half a litre of water when melbs tapwater which is some of the best in the world cost's under a cent a litre.

I remeber this case in sydney where a bottled water company was selling their water to offices at $5 dollars a litre, it came out there was Giardia in the sydney water supply -tap water , that company had to come clean and admit that they were supplying tapwater themselves.

The second part of your post is depressingly spot on , we are as a species a self fullfilling catastrophe

The Saudis are playing the long game. They don't mind low gas prices because it would force North American companies to cut back on production and investing in finding more oil due to lesser revenue, hence somewhat of a race to the bottom in terms of gas prices. Also the weak Canadian dollar got weaker which in turn led to an increase in cost since oil is traded in US dollars.

Archived