The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Days of Our Lives.

Off-season trade Thornton to the leafs for Kadri :lol:

still a steal for Toronto, IMO. J.v.R. - Thornton - Kessel looks like a solid 1st unit, and Joe's still a better player than Kadri. If I'm the Sharks I'd ask for Kadri plus a goalie (Reimer/ Bernier). At worst Optimus Reim would be a solid backup or platoon option in case Niemi leaves.

Hmm, I'm kind of under the impression that some of you have a certain idea of what the quintessential captain is. IMO I'd rather have a Thornton than a Sedin or Lidstrom simply because even when they aren't impacting the game you can feel that they give a $&!#. The made Doug Wilson look like a great GM for his entire career, he and Marleau made the Sharks annual contenders for the better part of a decade. The guy never gave that duo the team to go all the way even ONCE. I don't blame him for snapping. He's 35 and has never had a competent team to carry. And the mastermind behind that calls him out, publicly? &^@# Wilson.

Hmm, I'm kind of under the impression that some of you have a certain idea of what the quintessential captain is. IMO I'd rather have a Thornton than a Sedin or Lidstrom simply because even when they aren't impacting the game you can feel that they give a crap. The made Doug Wilson look like a great GM for his entire career, he and Marleau made the Sharks annual contenders for the better part of a decade. The guy never gave that duo the team to go all the way even ONCE. I don't blame him for snapping. He's 35 and has never had a competent team to carry. And the mastermind behind that calls him out, publicly? frack Wilson.

Finally someone with smarts.

IMO I'd rather have a Thornton than a Sedin or Lidstrom simply because even when they aren't impacting the game you can feel that they give a crap.

laughing my rear off right now. Did you just say you preferred Thornton as a captain to Lidstrom? hahahaha elite trolling :lol:

Disagree. Thornton is consistent always. And is an amazing playmaker. When people are sucking around him he can tell and he should let them know.

So his GM is sucking right now?

Because this does nothing to help his team play better. In fact, it's likely to become a distraction from the media asking questions.

And there's a reason why he got the nickname "No Show Joe". If he wants to start picking people's performances apart, he can start with his own.

Archived