The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Days of Our Lives.

The context of that is pretty misleading. Thornton said that about 4 goals because he was defending Hertl. A captain who actually sticks up for a rookie by diverting attention towards himself? I can't remember the last time Hank stuck his neck out like that for the rookies who constantly get put under the spotlight for the Canucks. Not everyone wants the "humble" leader type.

You obviously have a very short memory or don't pay much attention. Hank did exactly that, very recently

"I think for him it's unfair the amount of pressure that's on him to score... In this market I think it's easy to just look at points... It's unfair, but that's this market and you have to live with it."

Hank defending Kassian, who was getting nitpicked to death at the time.

Hank simply wasn't obnoxious enough to reference his schlong in the process.

I kinda wish our captain had a little more of that competitive fire . I love Sedin but he doesn't exactly exude leadership qualities you might expect from a captain .. I know there have been great captains that are quiet but Hank takes that to another level

His first season as captain the team had its most successful season in history regular season and playoffs.

And let me guess, your going to say Henrik had nothing to do with it.

Archived