The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

how to beat the la kings

ComptonCanuck

Good point... but I'm sick of hearing "score the first goal". "Score the first goal" is too vague. How do we score the first goal?

What happens if we don't score the first goal? What's the plan then? Score the second goal? Or give up and let the league know that since we failed to score the first goal, we are going to lose for sure so might as well stop the game and record it as LA win?

I laughed way too hard at this.

The Canucks don't need to score the first goal. They do need avoid folding up the tent and thinking the game is over as soon as the Kings get a lead. That team is not invincible but it seems that way whenever they play Vancouver.

They clutch and grab and set picks but don't get called. The Canucks need to flip the puck into the air and rush the zone. Only way to break the annoying interference tactics of the punkass Kings.

They need to play a full 60 minutes period. They think they are the elite like a few years a ago where they can play a half fast game and win. They need to fight tooth and nail for the entire game!!!!!!! I stopped watching the game after a while because I seen the effort was not their and I knew they were going to lose. The start was good but they did not sustain it.

Play with Passion.

Play with Heart.

Play with Pride.

Play as a team.

If you are going to hit, hit hard. Hit key pieces. Doughty, Gaboric, Brown. Don't finish your check, go through them.

Sorry guys, we have the pieces and the talent to beat LA, we just don't have the motivation and that comes from coaching.

I think the point is this is a possible first round match up so we better figure it out. They definitely don't play as well when they get scored on first, but some teams like Anehiem, Calgary, and Winnepeg have managed come from behind victories against the Kings. Canucks are playing very well with the lead this year ( for the most part) but 3 goals is insurmountable for them. I don't know if it's their work ethic, the defensive system without activating our D enough, or a lack of goal scoring talent, but if the score is 3-0 for the opposition, turn off the game and walk away. On the other hand if we score first we win.

It's not for nothing that the Kings have had a mediocre season so far. That team has some real weaknesses and it is up for the coaching staff to break down game film and come up with a better game plan. Nobody gives Calgary any credit, but with their roster and the injuries they have had, they have owned the Kings this year.

It seems like we are too much in awe of the Kings and our whole game plan seems to be to try and lock the game down and hope that we can catch a break and score first.

Since that hasn't worked, why not go all in, balls to the wall and take the game to them. Stop playing to prevent defeat and start playing to win.

Gee thanks for the heads up, i'm gonna go and text Willie right now, i bet he hasn't even thought of that? Seriously the Nucks aren't skilled enough to play that game yet, hell all's they now how to do is the drop pass at the blue line?

What games have you been watching? This team has beat some great teams this year and lost to some pretty bad ones. Its not the skill level that is the problem its the effort they decide to put forth night in and night out. Like clock work this team usually loses a game then wins a game. Its almost like they think they need a rest after they pull out a win. Don't know if its the core leadership or a coaching problem. Same as last year but we have a new coach go figure.

Score the first goal. They're a much different team with the lead. They know how to win games 1-0.

Score first, hope that they open things up a bit, and bury chances when you get them. They're beatable, it's just not easy. Especially when Quick is on his game.

I felt like the Canucks actually had the momentum until Dorsett took a selfish slashing penalty, and cost them a powerplay goal against.

Its too bad we've given up the first goal in 19 of our last 24 or something crazy like that. That has to be a major concern.

Pretty hard to beat a team that is faster, bigger, stronger, more skilled and more battle hardened with better goaltending and one of the leagues elite defenseman on the ice for 30 minutes a night.

Ferraro's comments are fine if you have two sure fire hall of fame defenseman to put out against a team relying mainly on one line to do most of the damage. We don't have the luxury and the Kings are a deep multidimensional team.

Frankly the only way we beat LA is if they start underachieving, we get insane goaltending and everyone to a man brings their A game. Even then were gonna need some luck and a red hot PP. Ohhh and it doesn't hurt if you crash the net and shoot pucks from everywhere.

I'm of course talking about a seven game playoff series as this league has shown time and time again that if you just lock it up trap the ice and make sure your zone is flooded with defenders anyone can win a one gamer. Just don't do it too often or the stands might look like Florida's.

Archived