The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ashton Sautner | D

S N Y P E R S 7

All Elvis is saying is why worry until we have something to worry about. Correct Elvis?

It's like some of you go looking for things to get your panties in a bunch. Subban's not going to sign! :shock: McNally's not going to sign! :shock: Hutton's not going to sign! :shock: ...eesh :picard:

• Upvote 1

All Elvis is saying is why worry until we have something to worry about. Correct Elvis?

It's like some of you go looking for things to get your panties in a bunch. Subban's not going to sign! :shock: McNally's not going to sign! :shock: Hutton's not going to sign! :shock: ...eesh :picard:

"Why hasn't Sautner signed a PTO yet... oh wait."

Yup, we haven't announced we're going to let him walk, yet people are saying McNally is done for because he's had more than enough opportunities. I don't know what those opportunities are, and McNally is still a talented offensive defenceman, so I don't know why we'd rush to judgement on him.

But back to Sautner, good to see he's signed the PTO so he can play a game or two at least in Utica. We'll ahve to see what he can bring and hopefully he can develop nicely.

Career depth guy, I don't see anything special in his game. He reminds me of another Stanton.

i think he has more upside than stanton hes a offensive dman with a good plus minus on a memmorial cup team last yr you win with players like that but time will tell regardless he cost us nothing just like tanev and mceneny

• 3 weeks later...

I think this kid will surprise us next year. I forgot he was in our prospect pool. He's got winning pedigree and will do whatever it takes to win. Between this guy, Cederholm, Tryamkin and Pedan....our blueline is looking pretty slick in the not-so-distant future.

We are one 1st/2nd defenceman away from having a solid, punishing blueline. I'll plug Kylington in just as a visual example.

Kylington-Cederholm

Tryamkin-Subban

Pedan-Sautner

The size and skill within that top 6 is pretty nice, and that's without drafting a stud like Hanifin, or Chychrun. Those guys would put our average size at about 6'3, 215-220lbs LOL

I think this kid will surprise us next year. I forgot he was in our prospect pool. He's got winning pedigree and will do whatever it takes to win. Between this guy, Cederholm, Tryamkin and Pedan....our blueline is looking pretty slick in the not-so-distant future.

We are one 1st/2nd defenceman away from having a solid, punishing blueline. I'll plug Kylington in just as a visual example.

Kylington-Cederholm

Tryamkin-Subban

Pedan-Sautner

The size and skill within that top 6 is pretty nice, and that's without drafting a stud like Hanifin, or Chychrun. Those guys would put our average size at about 6'3, 215-220lbs LOL

Hutton, Biega, Blain....

Utica will be stacked on D next year. Expect Pedan to get some call ups next year. JB likes what he sees.

Kylington-Cederholm

Tryamkin-Subban

Pedan-Sautner

Tryamkin and Subban would be the Utica Mutt and Jeff

Kylington-Cederholm

Tryamkin-Subban

Pedan-Sautner

These are all good prospects, and don't forget Hutton. And of course Corrado and Clendening are already in Utica.

But I don't see any of these guys projecting as a solid 1st pairing guy, and some will never make the NHL. In fact, of the 6 listed above and the 3 names I added (making 9 in total) I think we would be fortunate if as many as 4 become regular NHL players.

These are all good prospects, and don't forget Hutton. And of course Corrado and Clendening are already in Utica.

But I don't see any of these guys projecting as a solid 1st pairing guy, and some will never make the NHL. In fact, of the 6 listed above and the 3 names I added (making 9 in total) I think we would be fortunate if as many as 4 become regular NHL players.

The players mentioned were all born in the period 1992-1995. (I'm presuming that in the "6 listed above and the 3 names" you weren't referring to the 2015 draft-eligibles that were also mentioned, not in the Canucks system at present.)

If 4 of them become regular NHL players, that averages to 1 defenceman per year becoming an NHL regular, which would be an astounding degree of success.

• 3 months later...

Anyone forget about this guy? lol signed till 17/18

Caps off WHL career SEASON 265GP, 24G, 93A, 117P, 130 PIM, +125 PLAYOFFS 58GP, 6G, 14A, 20P, 34 PIM, +18

On great team but stellar last two seasons.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=84404

I wonder where he will fit in with the Comets next season?

Anyone forget about this guy? lol signed till 17/18

Caps off WHL career SEASON 265GP, 24G, 93A, 117P, 130 PIM, +125 PLAYOFFS 58GP, 6G, 14A, 20P, 34 PIM, +18

On stellar team but great last two seasons.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=84404

I wonder where he will fit in with the Comets next season?

Edited by Junkyard Dog

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE how our young guys are bonding.

I think it's really something Canucks are trying to encourage.

I think back to when Burrows, Bieksa, and Kesler, and Raymond, Hansen, and Schneider were all buddies on the Moose. It makes me happy to think these guys could all be the future core of our team.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

@WhitecapsFC with the boys @H_S_9 @jordansubban @ColeCassels19 @ashton_sautner 26bd.png26bd.png

CNYqujAXAAAxwKP.jpg
33 retweets120 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More

I can tell by Hunters arm he may have gained pounds...but not much muscle...Hunter is a goal scorer...more wieght means less agility to me...his legs need the wieght.