The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does she like me?

Dazzle

There's a million women out there. Why guys waste their time with women who are already in relationships is mind boggling. There are so many ways of meeting people out there nowadays why waste your time with an over complicated situation like this. It's human nature to be curious but don't be a scumbag and try and pursue this. Think about it. If your girlfriend was "tight" with another guy how would you feel? I know so many guys that get hung up on certain women regardless of their personal situation and it ends up causing more harm than good. Does she like you? Maybe she's attracted to certain traits/qualities you have that her current boyfriend doesn't have but it's not worth it bro. Trust me.

Here is the answer to your question...

/thread

But on a side note the italicized/underlined parts is why..

Yeah, I figured I was in the friendzone.

If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you.

I wasn't necessarily having her cheat with me. It sounded like her bf doesn't really connect with her, yet he is her bf for a reason, so I'm keeping it into perspective.

QFT!

And yes friendzone, women love having a guy to air their problems to because they don't want women gossiping their problems to each other. Men generally don't do that because we forget what they told us because the only thing we're doing the entire time they're talking to us is imagining that the conversation is happening naked in a bed prior to or after intercourse.

Yeah, I think that's exactly it. I'm that guy outside her friend circle that she can do whatever with.

My guess it that she's sorta into you, but is having conflicting feelings, as she knows she should stay loyal to her BF. My advice is to just play it cool until she's single, if that time comes.

Okay dude, I'm going to tell you the truth take this with a grain of salt. Her boyfriend gives her everything she wants but a deep conservation connection. She ain't leaving her BF because she is simply using you to have someone talk to her. This is my two cents, sorry it may sound rude, but she shouldn't be leading you on if she has a bf. The reason she is, is because she is keeping you there to just to talk too. Meaning her bf fails to give her that conversation side of the relationship, so she seeks it from you.

Use your own judgement. Her bf has her and what do you get? A measly phone conversation? Humans are very slick at being manipulative. Once again use your own judgement but this is my judgement, which won't be a famous opinion.

Try not to get emotional with her especially since she has someone already.

A wise man once told me "Men were given three choices to think with: a brain, a heart and a Dick but sadly, most men think with the last two, don't be one of those men"

I think all of you are making valid points.

You're not rude at all, desi - what you're saying is what I'm suspecting.

It just doesn't make sense - all of a sudden - to have an attached girl like her (who's dated him for 4 years) start talking to me endlessly like she does.

We really get into deeper topics about each other - and she's asking random stuff about me, even questions that don't seem to matter, (i.e. what is your favorite....)

Ask yourself if you would be okay with being with someone capable of cheating on their partner to be with you. I wouldn't. And the chatting for hours, etc. verges on that territory.

being in a relationship, unto itself, is totally meaningless. people are far more dynamic and complex than is being suggested in this thread. because you've been in a relationship for five months means you can't break it off and pursue someone you're potentially a great match with, lest you'll wear a scarlet letter reading "SHE DID IT TO HIM, SHE'LL DO IT TO YOU"?

if not five months, what about ten? what about two years? what if it's been a five year relationship, but they fell out of love after the third anniversary and are just simply too scared of breaking it off at this point? Maury-grade platitudes aren't going to help anyone here. there are far too many issues to consider.

let's be honest about relationships: they rarely last, and they rarely last for a reason.

I don't want to step onto boundaries, even though, you're right - relationships don't last for a reason - for all sorts of reasons.

friendzone is for losers. admit it. you like her as more than that so tell her. either she dumps him to be with you or she cuts you loose. either way your better off than this pathetic deal. quit being a bi#@! and get on with it.

WWJD? he woulda bailed on this deal on day one. really.

In one way, I feel like a loser.

I think she probably has an interest to you, since it seems like she does flirt to you.

But then again, she has a boyfriend...

Exactly, she has a boyfriend.

this is like your third thread on this in the past year. how awkward are you? xD

This is the first thread I've made on this specific girl. Other threads were not about her.

Dude...this isn't Alabama...you're gonna seriously be in trouble if this goes anywhere. Even the hottest cousin is huge NO-NO!

Hey, I met a girl I was super attracted to, at the table. Then I realized she was my cousin. AWKWARD.

No, this girl I described is NOT my cousin. The only connection is that she's a family friend's daughter, which is an extra reason not to be a dick around her.

Is this true?...dude, you have to grow a pair.

Nope, not true, see above. Discord's being a dickhead. LOL.

Ask her?

Get to the point so you're not wasting time if your interest is in more than just what you've got at face value. Point blank - how do you feel about me? What is the deal here?

Asking CDC is like seeking advice from a dollar shop rather than a mechanic when your car stalls.

Ask her?

Get to the point so you're not wasting time if your interest is in more than just what you've got at face value. Point blank - how do you feel about me? What is the deal here?

Asking CDC is like seeking advice from a dollar shop rather than a mechanic when your car stalls.

Couldn't have said it better.

Get straight to the point.

Go big or go home.

The longer this goes on, the longer you suffer.

First of all, does she even know that you're into her. Why should she even consider you romantically if she considers you a friend. Secondly, she may be keeping you as a just in case. Her relationship may not be what she wants it to be and she could be hedging her bets. Try to find out her feelings without putting youself too far out there. Unless it's all or nothing for you; if so, then be brutally honest. You have to ask yourself "is it better to know than to not know?"

If it's any consolation, one can recover from the friend zone. Time is a master of all things. Just do your own thing, if down the road things change great, if not move on.

Yeah, definitely, though a friendzone is 99 percent of the time stuck and out.

Doesn't matter if you don't plan on having a relationship with her.

She's not the girl to do the wham bam thank you mam routine on ;)

Ask her..you talk to her every night for 2 hours..just bring it up..do I have a shot with you..if she says no I have a BF..move on..get to the heart of the matter and get the answer..might not be the one you want but at least you will know.

Yeah, but the raising of such a question could ruin what we have right now. We definitely have a connection, but what kind is up to debate.

I'm not sure why so many of the posters want you to play games, or drop hints, or take it slow, or whatever. Be an adult. Just ask her if she's interested in being more than friends. No point in beating around the bush.

There's a million women out there. Why guys waste their time with women who are already in relationships is mind boggling. There are so many ways of meeting people out there nowadays why waste your time with an over complicated situation like this. It's human nature to be curious but don't be a scumbag and try and pursue this. Think about it. If your girlfriend was "tight" with another guy how would you feel? I know so many guys that get hung up on certain women regardless of their personal situation and it ends up causing more harm than good. Does she like you? Maybe she's attracted to certain traits/qualities you have that her current boyfriend doesn't have but it's not worth it bro. Trust me.

Yeah, I don't want to break up what she has, but I feel there needs to be a line drawn on where I should be going. I'm spending way too much time (though it is late at night) on a girl that isn't a girlfriend.

Answer: You're a side chick. Plan B, incase things don't work out with whatshisnuts. Hate to break it to you.

Side chick with fries on the side.

Ask her?

But... dollar shops are exciting! I want to spend a dollar on something that kinda looks like the real thing but isn't! Like sewing scissors, for example! They don't cut but at least they look like one!

I think she's given me hints about how I make her feel:

My voice soothes her.

She enjoys talking to me on the phone (obviously, but she's said that)

She thinks we can talk about anything.

She laughs at some stupid things I say but she doesn't go and judge me for them. Likewise for her.

All of this may or may not indicate something more, but the hour long convos on the phone DO.

Couldn't have said it better.

Get straight to the point.

Go big or go home.

The longer this goes on, the longer you suffer.

First of all, does she even know that you're into her. Why should she even consider you romantically if she considers you a friend. Secondly, she may be keeping you as a just in case. Her relationship may not be what she wants it to be and she could be hedging her bets. Try to find out her feelings without putting youself too far out there. Unless it's all or nothing for you; if so, then be brutally honest. You have to ask yourself "is it better to know than to not know?"

It's not that I'm 'into' her, but to say that there's no interest at all would be a lie. She's said the word 'friend' before to me, but that doesn't explain why she is shortselling her bf as someone who doesn't connect with her like I do.

It could be that I'm more suitable as a friend to her than her bf and this is her way of "cheating" without the lasting effects of sex.

That's what I'm clarifying.

Why not play the field and look for girls who aren't already in relationships? What's so special about this one?

For the very first time, I actually think that this girl is special, but not so special that I'm longing for "her". My previous experiences have definitely prepared me well.

The only thing that I've invested in - is time, but emotionally, I feel flexible.

If you truly like her and she is attached, then the rule of thumb is to bang at least one of her closest friends. After they chat about how god-like you are in the sack, then she may re-think hanging around with her non-connective boyfriend. If you are mediocre in the sack though, then you are SOL.

Like some have mentioned don't completely walk away like still be friends.. but just don't be that close of friend where you talk to her for 2hrs etc...

Nowadays there are plenty options to meet people even for the most awkward of people..

If you want to be a real a-hole and see if she actually likes you without asking you could try and make her jealous lol

and watch how she acts/body language when you're around her.

Just mention you have a gf and basically talk about her alot.

If you want a sure fire answer then just ask her straight up, but this could end your relationship with her if she says no.. So prepare for the worst.

84fcc334a4fe69d40402b9886a0e817e.jpg

But seriously.... You gotta start testing her by saying stuff like "if you were to break up with your boyfriend....", or "if you are a single all the sudden....", or "if you were to start seeing someone else...."

If that line of conversation goes no where, leave.

Archived