The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack or luongo

cuporbust

Yeah it's not bad , but lack is playing just as well and freed up allot more. We wouldn't have Mathias without lu gone and he's been a beast for us this year

Yeah he has played well, I think I've acknowledged that, but what I'm saying is he's not ready to be a feature goaltender for a contending team.

More importantly, this team with Miller, Lack, Horvat, Matthias, (& Markstrom, as likely trade chip), is much better positioned than we would have been with Lu & Schneids(even if you could make their cap-hits fit).

Agreed. Well said. I do miss the nostalgia of lu here , but it was time to move on and I think we are better for it

Yeah he has played well, I think I've acknowledged that, but what I'm saying is he's not ready to be a feature goaltender for a contending team.

I added something to that post after u quoted. I do worry about lack being the guy Also , but so far so good imo. Only time will tell I guess. All things considered , I would still take lack at this point

More importantly, this team with Miller, Lack, Horvat, Matthias, (& Markstrom, as likely trade chip), is much better positioned than we would have been with Lu & Schneids(even if you could make their cap-hits fit).

Yeah I'll give you that but was this question posed as in, are we better off having kept Lou ? Or is it simply which goalie would you rather have if you were starting from scratch and picking from the two. I'm taking this as in it doesn't impact the roster in front of them at all and the discussion is solely on the goalies.

I added something to that post after u quoted. I do worry about lack being the guy Also , but so far so good imo. Only time will tell I guess. All things considered , I would still take lack at this point

And I've now made another post addressing that question. This is getting confusing lol

Don't even think it comes down to the two L's, Eddie & Roberto.

Sequentially, imagine if Lu had been dealt first? I'm guessing EL woulda' grown impatient sitting behind a top, young gt like Schneids. Maybe Eddie would have been gone by now, as well?..

So what IF this team had Schneids now? Obviously Horvat wouldn't be here either; let's say we landed Kadri for Lu(early on, that was discussed, I believe).

I bet CS's numbers would be better(as starter) than RM's currently are. However, I bet our team's numbers would be worse. Van isn't constructed as the kind that can grind out 2-1 wins all season. The fans here want(demand?) some flow, attack & entertainment.

I believe we truly don't realize/appreciate how nicely these two deals have aided an instant retool. Blended with the Kassian & Ana-deal/Kes-returns, MG & JB have seamlessly intro'd a new wave, on the fly. Then you factor in 2 great drafts, great MG FA signings, & some nice, subtle deals by JB & this turnaround seems poetry in motion.

It's pretty impressive, as far as retools go.

I would rather take Lack, Lui is too old now. How many goaltenders win a cup at his age?

Tim Thomas? I think he was close to 39 when he won the cup. Also, 35 isn't that old for a goalie. Dominik Hasek proved that as did Patrick Roy. Roy was around Luongo's age when he won his last cup.

Archived