The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Grizzlies Memories- NBA Future in Vancouver

Orka

The only way a team from Vancouver would work, is to educate the NCAA players that Vancouver is not a place were we live in igloos, or it rains 365 days a year (it just seems like it). The other problem is we lack a hip-hop culture here, and our nightlife has really gone downhill for the past decade. A lot of younger NBA stars would really not enjoy living here during the season. Players with young families would find it different.

Teams like Seattle, and Portland have found it difficult to develop players, and they are in the US. Portland has countered this by trying to have a winning culture.

I really don't think we'll ever see an NBA team here again. As others have pointed out, the teams are now too expensive.

The NBA couldn't even sell out the preseason game in October with The Raptors. Not really sure why people think Vancouver will support an NBA team over the long run.

1. The NBA did sell out that game.

2. The sports climate is a lot different now than it was in the late 90s, with a competent ownership/management group I could see it working.

I used to watch the games on TV cause I was still pretty young, but in their last season here a friend of mine at school's dad was actually the assistant coach so our whole class got to go to a game together. I remember it was against the Nets...and Vancouver probably lost...

• 4 weeks later...

I miss the NBA in Vancity.

This city really embraced the NBA, and their team (the Grizz). I really do believe that if an NBA team came back to this world class city, that it would be supported really well (can you imagine if they WON?).

Aquilini's need to make it happen. I think Steve Nash was interviewed a while ago, and he said that he'd be open to being a part of a team that brings the NBA back to Vancouver. He's open. I can see him being the person to make it happen (not by himself, obviously...). When? I'd say about 10 years down the road...Make Nash the GM, and go from there!

Hey. If Winnipeg can get the Jets back. We can get the NBA back to our city!

#nevergiveuphope #NBAYVR

No I don't believe Vancouver should get a NBA franchise. We can barely support the Canucks, and people actually think a nba team would do well?

I'd rather Seattle got a team.

I actually think an NBA team that's improving, and actively looking to improve, will do well in this city. Seattle will no doubt get an NBA franchise back. The city had an NBA team for 40 years there. Ridiculous for the NBA to not go back. But after that, I think Vancouver has to be in line for an NBA team.

The Canucks barely being supported? Are you kidding me? Even if the NBA came into this city/market. The Canucks will always be king in this town. It's like Toronto. Even though the Raptors have done well, the Leafs are still king in that city/market. Same thing would apply here.

I actually think an NBA team that's improving, and actively looking to improve, will do well in this city. Seattle will no doubt get an NBA franchise back. The city had an NBA team for 40 years there. Ridiculous for the NBA to not go back. But after that, I think Vancouver has to be in line for an NBA team.

The Canucks barely being supported? Are you kidding me? Even if the NBA came into this city/market. The Canucks will always be king in this town. It's like Toronto. Even though the Raptors have done well, the Leafs are still king in that city/market. Same thing would apply here.

Once the Sedins retire I think you'll find it hard pressed to maintain that comparison.

Archived