The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen + (Horvat and Kenins)

StevoCanuck

This line excites me beyond belief. Hansen is 29, but Horvat and Kenins look to have an extremely bright future together if they can keep this going. I like Hansen on that like because it seems to bring out the speed in Horvat's game, something that was missing in his Junior game.

How these guys pass the puck amazes me. Horvat is a stellar playmaker and has great hands, which is surprising, considering he was supposed to be a defensive forward. What amazes me most of all is how we robbed the league blind with the Kenins signing. It didn't look like much at first, but it looks as though it may turn out to be one of the better signings we've seen in the last few years. Hopefully as good as the Tanev one.

Hansen always shows up against easier competition but against tough teams he is invisible.

[/quote

Why do you insist on trashing this fine player? Your statement that he is invisible against the better teams would not stand up against any kind of reasoned analysis. It's just you blowing smoke.

Agreed. The people assuming that we're going to trade away Higgins and Hansen for a couple of picks are going to be sadly disappointed on draft day. Besides, we already got a better player in Baertschi than anyone we could pick in a mid-2nd position.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Higgins (or even Burrows) traded this summer to clear up the winger logjam. But they'll go over Hansen. JB & WD are obviously working pretty closely and I think it's obvious how much Willie has trusted Jannik since day one.

Hansen always shows up against easier competition but against tough teams he is invisible.

He had a hat trick against the Hawks this season you jackass.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Higgins (or even Burrows) traded this summer to clear up the winger logjam. But they'll go over Hansen. JB & WD are obviously working pretty closely and I think it's obvious how much Willie has trusted Jannik since day one.

He had a hat trick against the Hawks this season you jackass.

Look all I'm saying is in big games he becomes unoticed way too often. Recall the infamous empty net he missed in game 2 against sanjose, which lead to Sanjose tying it. He does this way too often for me to jump his wagon. Recall his previous games against LA and Nashville this year, he went invisible. Please watch him in big games that have more meaning behind them, you will most likely see what I'm saying. Games to watch him in: Nashville, LA, St louis and Dallas. Watch him with a scope and than you will see what I'm talking about.

Look all I'm saying is in big games he becomes unoticed way too often. Recall the infamous empty net he missed in game 2 against sanjose, which lead to Sanjose tying it. He does this way too often for me to jump his wagon. Recall his previous games against LA and Nashville this year, he went invisible. Please watch him in big games that have more meaning behind them, you will most likely see what I'm saying. Games to watch him in: Nashville, LA, St louis and Dallas. Watch him with a scope and than you will see what I'm talking about.

You're totally out to lunch here mate... 68 games played and you moan over a 4th liner (14-16-30... almost scoring at .5 per game) for not turning up in like 4 games or maybe a few more??? Your hate makes you pathetic... :sadno:

To the OP... Great post. This line is turning into the success story of the season. If it hadn't been for Kassian taking great strides, it would be the main topic.

+1

Still tends to be inconsistent though. Will look really good for a few games, score for a few games, but then be invisible for a while.

I think you have the wrong player or you aren't watching the games.

He has been one of the most consistent and hard to handle players on the ice for us the whole season. His line with BO and Kenins has been electric. No way would I touch that line next season unless it was to move Bo and Kenins up a line say, leaving Dorsett and Gaunce with Hansen on the 4th.

Is it me, or is Hansen getting a lot better on the breakaways? I remember last year he had so many because of his speed but he either bobbled the puck or just put it in the goalies chest. I guess we can't be calling him stone hands Hansen anymore. LOL!

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked what he brings to the team but he is not a natural goal scoring talent. Does just about everything else really well though, and what he is doing with rookies Horvat and Kenins is something Canucks fans should be ecstatic about.

Hansen has always been valuable. Problem is our lack of depth forced the coach(s) to try him on the top 6 offensive role where he faced checkers not the other way around. Checkers play a good 200ft game and are defensively aware, nullifying Hansen's skills.

Hansen has always been a perfect bottom six guy when facing offensive players that he can A) irritate and B) burn as a lot of top six players are not great back checkers. Same goes for the PK... the opponents are playing deep on the PP and are vunerable to Hansen's speed on the transition.

Play him in the right role Hansen is GOLD. Play him in the wrong role... Not nearly as effective.

Hansen has been a top-value player for the past 6 years. He is the prototypical 3rd liner, who can play in any situation. He is gritty, fast, and is a great PKer. He has also scored more than 20 points every season since 2010. Half of those years (including this year) he has topped 30 points. He just turns 29 and is paid $2.5 mil. As I say, the perfect 3rd liner.

Trading a valuable asset like Hansen for a 2nd or 3rd round pick is a joke. Draft picks are just like the lottery. There is no guarantee of a successful NHL career. Especially after the 1st round. That's why GM's are often willing to trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks away for proven NHL players or guys like Vey, young with high potential.

Archived