The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phaneuf & Kessel for Daniel & Henrik [Discussion]

Not even if we were tanking for McDavid would I want those two on this team. The whole point of this 'rebuild/retool' notion is to surround the youth with character veterans and a winning culture so that we don't turn into Edmonton. Bringing in the Hamburglar and Phaneuf probably wouldn't inspire the likes of Horvat and other the way the Sedins do.

Not even if we were tanking for McDavid would I want those two on this team. The whole point of this 'rebuild/retool' notion is to surround the youth with character veterans and a winning culture so that we don't turn into Edmonton. Bringing in the Hamburglar and Phaneuf probably wouldn't inspire the likes of Horvat and other the way the Sedins do.

I would take the Hamburglar I wonder what Ottawa would want?

Only way i would consider it is if they they retained 40% on both players as well as threw in Nylander in the trade

Sedins are going to be declining in the next couple years

Kessel could regain his scoring touch and Phaneuf could do better in our system with a D Partner like a Hamhuis, Tanev or Edler

Would also leave us with an extra few million we could use to sign another good player

No way i do it straight up player for player, Makes our Chemistry go down and Help Toronto out greatly, they have to make it worth our while

Henrik Sedin: 15 Goals, 45 assists 60 points, 68 games +6

Daniel Sedin: 14 Goals, 44 assists 58 points, 68 games -1

Kessel: 24 goals 29 assists 53 points, 70 games -32

Phaneuf: 3 goals, 23 assists 26 points, 70 games -9

So we lose out on 2 goals, 38 assists and get worse defensively.

Does that answer your question?

Now I'd consider Bieksa for Phaneuf if 1/2 of Phaneuf's salary is retained. But given that Bieksa has a NTC, and says he'd go down with the ship. Not a chance in hell a trade gets made.

Besides we want to get better. Not worse.

Archived