The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phaneuf & Kessel for Daniel & Henrik [Discussion]

Plus the fittest guys on the team, year in and year out (Santorelli being the exception) for someone too tired to take full skating drills and unable to get back to backcheck.

I'm with vancouvergrizzly not wanting Kessel on the Canucks. It's hard to imagine going from that good an example for the young players to such a bad example. Teaching the Canucks future core that a lack of fitness is ok, in fact worth $8 million a year for-well, almost forever, seems much worse to me than going with the twins, even as they age.

Not to mention he's the absolute worst with the media, throwing teammates under the bus and being straight disrespectful to reporters.

Yes, it's definitely a high risk high reward (bold) move

Unloading the Sedin X 2 contract is only possible if you take a whole bunch of $$ in return players from your trade partner

Where are all those fans who say we can't win with the Sedins

They are great players but, like Naslund before them, maybe they aren't winners

Sedins play at a high level most of the time but can't seem to elevate to Conn Smythe levels like a Patrick Kane, Toews, or even T. Linden in '94

I think Kessel, surrounded with character players, can elevate

I think Phaneuf, if coached well and played in the right situations can be a Beast

I think teams know how to shut down the Sedins in playoff series situations

Chara knows

Doughty knows

Keith and Seabrook know

Kessel and Phaneuf will be very eager to show the league and the Leafs that they are not a Cancer = career years

Actually, it probably = Cancer somewhere else.

No thanks. The Sedins character and dedication to this team is what's going to make the transition from this core to the next go smoothly. I would argue that removing their leadership and replacing it with a couple of headcases would stop our rebuild/retool dead in its tracks.

Not to mention he's the absolute worst with the media, throwing teammates under the bus and being straight disrespectful to reporters.

Mogilny and Bure???

They were both good with reporters??

Surround the stars (Kessel) with character

I seem to recall Kessel standing up for Phaneuf last week

4 Players who changed the reputations:

Brett Hull and Steve Yzerman were at one time called one dimensional

Lemieux was once called a floater

Jagr was selfish; a poor teammate

Kessel is not nearly as good as these guys but he is a potential Art Ross winner

4 Players who changed the reputations:

Brett Hull and Steve Yzerman were at one time called one dimensional

Lemieux was once called a floater

Jagr was selfish; a poor teammate

Kessel is not nearly as good as these guys but he is a potential Art Ross winner

Not worth trading the best player in team history and his brother

Not worth trading the best player in team history and his brother

would you trade Henrik or Daniel in his prime for Bure in his prime.

I'd take Bure and his 60 goals ...twice and a 51 as well

no.... Henrik and Daniel are not the best players in team history

Naslund needs mention as well....48 goals

Henrik's best is 29

Daniel's best is 41

Goals are harder to come by than assists

Awesome proposal, if Randy Carlyle can't coach Kessel WD doesnt stand a snow balls chance in .. I think Phaneuf would be an excellant off season aquisition for the Canucks though, in all seriosness, Ive been saying it all season. The guys not that bad, in fact he's one of the only ones on Toronto that still looks like he gives a crap when he plays. Would make a huge difference for the Canucks offense, having a guy who can consistently skate the puck up ice and get it to the Sedins as well as QB a PP.

if Randy Carlyle can't coach Kessel WD doesnt stand a snow balls chance in ...

Umm, Kessel was a point a game or more every year under Carlyle...not bad

Top 10 in scoring in each of the last 3 years

and in 3 playoff appearances...2 with the Bruins as a young player...he's got 21 points in 22 games of which 13 are goals.

When he faced Chara in a 7 game playoff series he had 4 goals and 2 assists

When Daniel & Henrik had a 7 game playoff against Chara they combined for 2 goals and 2 assists

Bring Kessel and Phaneuf to the West Coast!!!

Wow... so from a topic that about hockey to discussing reactions to comments. This thread went downward faster than Miley Cyrus' career.

You are right Jazz...back on topic

I urge y'all to forget the short term "recent" performance of Kessel & Phaneuf

Being a Leaf right now is not a good thing

Every Leaf wishes he were on a different team right now

They are all hoping to be traded

they are all hoping for a fresh start...so they can show that it wasn't because of them that the Leafs suck

Kessel is not a leader but he's a scorer and with a new chance in a new town...look out

Surround him with character and he'll fill the net

Phaneuf can be a beast as a second pairing Dman and he would be on the first unit powerplay

the Sedins are 34 years old

Be a Buono

Wally Buono of the BC lions knows when to cut bate with his older players

Ask Geroy Simon

It takes Cohones to trade your stars but when the time is right Wally cuts them loose

Wally Buono's got big ones

the Sedins are 34 years old

Be a Buono

Wally Buono of the BC lions knows when to cut bate with his older players

Ask Geroy Simon

It takes Cohones to trade your stars but when the time is right Wally cuts them loose

Wally Buono's got big ones

Yeah, just remember, our Riders here in SK won a Grey Cup with Geroy Simon. We don't want the same thing happening to the Leafs.

Archived