The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Richardson

CaptainLinden16

ya give up on young players for veterans

guess what Vey is a rookie

I should've worded that better, I'm all for the rookie movement, but I just don't see Vey as a fit going forward with all the C depth we have coming up, just never liked the way he plays tbh.

Bones at best is a 2nd/3rd line tweener and I just don't think he's been good enough to keep over a "glue guy" like Higgins, and Ritchie's just been solid consistently the last two years.

just my opinion, I trust JB to make the right decisions.

I've had enough of all the Bonino haters.

It's been proven many times over and over again by some members that Bonino's stats and advanced stats are good enough for a 2C.

Either you people have never read those posts, or you choose to forget.

People just don't like Bonino because he isn't fast or tough. He's still very skilled and great positionally.

I guess you can think what you want about him, but there's no way Richardson is better than him.

Another one of those 1 game tilt posts...

Richardson's been with the team for 2 seasons now, you suddenly think he is 2C material, because he assisted on a Higgins goal? If he was good enough to be 2C we woulda realized that a lot earlier.

you don't read well eh?

sorry to hear that.

I like bonino, how far off is he from selke nomination? he seems to play pretty good defensively, what sort of points does he need?

really?

Where have you been all my life? I was one of those idiots that said hey he is UFA lets flip him for a 2nd rd pick. I remember him playing really well before he got hurt. He came back and didn't skip a beat. I am sorry but I have watched Boner all year now, and it is obvious Richardson is a much better player. I am not even going to talk about what he brings to the table. It's that he got Mathias on track this year. He has chemistry with Kassian. It's no coincidence that Higgins scored playing with him. His number one asset is that he finds a way to complement the players around him wether it's line 2 or 4. Boner can't pass, has no vision and is skating in a pair of buckets. He needs to move to wing. If vey was better defensively, he would have Bonio's roster spot already.

I don't care that Bonio is young and on a small cap hit. Simply put he isn't as good. We should find a way to keep our better players.

Mathias-Richardson-Vrbata

We could actually win a face off once in 4 games. Vrbata the best shooter this team has seen since Naslund would actually have a player on his line that can pass. Higgins might be a better fit here than Mathias who is better off the rush and counter more a 3rd or 4th line thing.

Play Horvat with Mathias and Hansen. No energy bonino between Kenins and Dorsett.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Richardson-Vrbata

Mathias-Horvat-Hansen

Kenins-Bonino/Vey-Dorsett

Vey played really well between Dorsett and Hansen earlier in the year. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the plug on boner if it doesn't work out after 2 games.

Burrows to me should only slot into the top 6. We need to keep as much speed as possible in the bottom 6. I love Bur, but this hasn't been his year. Yes Higgins besides scoring has been amazing. Him and Hansel. I said Higgins and Hansen have been amazing this year.

Oh yeah Weber haters. Lay off...I can write another diatribe as to why he is better than the rest of the 5-6 guys, but I will just let Willie pencil his name in in the team sheet again.

I think you may possibly be high on crack?

Not that I know much, but I'd say maybe we can move away from trying to decide who is the 2nd best centre on the team and look at line combinations. Who plays better with who, can we roll four lines with each playing significant minutes. Bonino might not be the sexiest centre on the team but we have decent, not great, depth at centre with Richardson Horvat, Bonino, and Sedin. What still stands out is that after the Sedins, who don't always stand out in the playoffs. there is a missing dominant all-star from our collection of forwards.

Richardson to center Vrbata is an interesting suggestion. If we do end up playing LA in the playoffs, maybe as you said, move Bonino to wing and have H. Sedin-Richardson-Matthias-Horvat as centers?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Richardson-Vrbata

Bonino-Mathias-Kassian

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

Dorsett

Vey

Some interesting combinations indeed.

Where have you been all my life? I was one of those idiots that said hey he is UFA lets flip him for a 2nd rd pick. I remember him playing really well before he got hurt. He came back and didn't skip a beat. I am sorry but I have watched Boners all year now,

Lost all credibility right there. How can you expect people do read such long posts when you put this garbage at the start? Shame on you!

:bigblush:

You know who he reminds me of more than anyone???

Rod Brind'Amour

If that is the case, then I am :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

I'm completely with you on the Richie praise and his value to the team but I know you didn't just compare him to Brinda'Amour...That's way out to lunch.

He'll be gone in the off-season to allow Horvat to pave the way, but he's playing at a 15 goal, 40 point pace. Sure that's fantastic for what's expected of him (4th line center), but it's not good enough for 2nd line minutes. At only 30 years old I wouldn't mind keeping him as a 3rd line center and flipping Bonino for picks/prospects, but Bonino is dirt cheap and will be a great 2nd-3rd line center depending on how well Horvat and Matthias play next season.

We need to get rid of some of the vets, and personally I'd love to get rid of Burrows. His play is being replaced perfectly by Hansen and Kenins right now. Would be nice if we could free ourself of Higgins too but he brings a lot to this team still, as does Richardson. One or two of these veteran forwards HAVE to go, because the kids are ready and we need that new core to eat up more minutes and gain more experience.

Richardson brings a lot to the table but will not and should not be slotted into 2nd line C. Compare his value to Bones all you want that position needs to be filled by a forward that can provide consistent offense. Tough decisions next year as Bo should take 3C and maybe gaunce on the 4th.

This. He is this years santorelli. We going to make same mistake 2ce?

Richie is way more valuable than Santos ever was because of the multiple roles...third/fourth line centre, the PK, tenacious forechecker, agitator, and can hack and whack with the best of them. Plus a good face-off guy to boot to take the pressure off of Bo a bit.

He's exactly the type of player we need to keep for our bottom 6. Just hope he doesn't price himself out of a contract here.

Archived