The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{Proposal} Draft day

this happens:

trade: lack + higgins to san jose for a 2nd and a 4th

trade: Bieksa + Burrows + 4th to montreal for a 1st

trade: Hamhuis + Corrado + montreals 1st

_________________________________________________________________________________

(6)(19)(43)(109)(139)(146)

who would you draft?

(6): Rantanen

(19): Kylington

(43): Hintz

(109): Gagne

(139): Juulsen

(146): Kovacs

No, just no.

We don't need to draft 2 Virtanens back-to-back with the 6th overalls. (Only difference is one passes, the other shoots)

At 6 I'd rather see strome (if available) and if not then provorov or werenski.

But I also wouldn't want to see these deals.

trades aren't the point, i couldn't even make a thread with the picks we already have, lol propose your own trades? people are to friggin lazy its ridiculous

trades aren't the point, i couldn't even make a thread with the picks we already have, lol propose your own trades? people are to friggin lazy its ridiculous

The trades may not be the focal point but it's a dam big part of it when you're talking about drafting with a pick we'd have to acquire.

To draft sixth overall, which I believe would be Toronto's pick, I'd be okay with something like:

Van 2015 1st, corrado, and Shinkaruk for the pick and maybe another in a late round or a low prospect. At sixth overall we can draft a high end D or centre prospect, two things we lack (especially the d man). But I don't know if Toronto does that deal with shinkaruk's perceived value taking a hit since he was drafted. Key word is perceived, I still like shink. It would also depend on where our first rounder lands.

this happens:

trade: lack + higgins to san jose for a 2nd and a 4th

trade: Bieksa + Burrows + 4th to montreal for a 1st

trade: Hamhuis + Corrado + montreals 1st

_________________________________________________________________________________

(6)(19)(43)(109)(139)(146)

who would you draft?

horrible trades higgins can get us a second or a third, we are not trading lack but markstrom can get us a third at least , burrows with 1.5 mill retained would get us a secind rounder, bieska coukd get us a firstbut wont waive ntc so hes staying, hamhuis will get us a first and a young a prospect , corrado stays

Bro. Everyone loves him. To trade him would be anarchy

EDIT: Everyone except you loves Lack

lol i dont have emotional problems with players, i dont feel guilt trading a player, i like him but thats not even close to a reason to keep a player, he doesnt fit on next years roster its pretty simple...

Archived