The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bye Bye Kassian [Proposal]

It's realistically about all your going to get.

So, we don't need to trade him and won't get much... but should do it anyway.

:picard:

So i dont frequent this part of forums often because i find most of the proposals are stupid

And now you've just perpetuated it. Congrats -- you're now officially one with the forum.

lol why would we trade our only gritty forward in top six whos still young at 24. If anything burrows higgins and richardson and bonino meed to be moved because we need space for baerchi, virtanen and a second line and fourth line center that wins faceoffs (couturier, jenner, fiddler) would be players id target grittier team the better

lol why would we trade our only gritty forward in top six whos still young at 24. If anything burrows higgins and richardson and bonino meed to be moved because we need space for baerchi, virtanen and a second line and fourth line center that wins faceoffs (couturier, jenner, fiddler) would be players id target grittier team the better

Higgins and Burrows have no NTC's, which everyone seems to forget, so they are almost impossible to move. Bonino is a really good player to have in the cap Era because he can produce 40-50 points a season will only having a cap hit of 1.9 million for the next 2 season. Richardson is a UFA and will probably be looking for 2-3 million based on the season he's been having

So, our (the Avs) 5th best D prospect and a 3rd for Kassian? Done, I guess. What a weird trade. Why would the Canucks do this? No real interest in Kassian. He's an upgrade on Everberg for the third line but that's far from a pressing need. Would do this trade from an Avs standpoint though because I think the value favours us heavily. We could probably flip him to another team for something more useful than what we gave up. Could maybe even add him to a package to bring in a top 4 LD.

You should really re-think this proposal. It's an insane overpayment by the Canucks. Enough of one that it's impossible to turn down even though there's no real need for Kassian. You're basically just giving him to us.

If you really want Wood, I'm sure you could get him for a pick. We just used a 3rd on him so I guess that's about what we would want back.

So, our (the Avs) 5th best D prospect and a 3rd for Kassian? Done, I guess. What a weird trade. Why would the Canucks do this? No real interest in Kassian. He's an upgrade on Everberg for the third line but that's far from a pressing need. Would do this trade from an Avs standpoint though because I think the value favours us heavily. We could probably flip him to another team for something more useful than what we gave up. Could maybe even add him to a package to bring in a top 4 LD.

You should really re-think this proposal. It's an insane overpayment by the Canucks. Enough of one that it's impossible to turn down even though there's no real need for Kassian. You're basically just giving him to us.

If you really want Wood, I'm sure you could get him for a pick. We just used a 3rd on him so I guess that's about what we would want back.

Sgarbossa and a 2nd for Kassian

Sgarbossa and a 2nd for Kassian

No. We don't even have Sgarbossa anymore and I'd rather just keep the 2nd since we don't have one next year and it's likely a top 40 pick. I thought it was clear from my post that I don't even want Kassian. It was just such a bargain that I'd take him in hopes of flipping him for more or at least something we desperately need.

It's realistically about all your going to get.

But this being CDC anything less than a 2015 1st is underpayment :bigblush:

Okay...But why trade him just for the sake of trading him? He's been playing well and looks to be improving. His teamates like him, the fans like him, he likes Vancouver, so why trade him?

Archived