The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of March (16-20) 2015

The best part is we all know at least one Leafs fan who's said a paraphrase of the following:

"The Canucks suck! You're only in the playoffs cause you get to beat up the Oilers so many times every year!"

It was funny at the Leafs/Flames game after the second this hammered up Leafs fan sitting beside me told me not to worry the Leafs are the Flames of the east and will come back in the third lol, I laughed for a while and told him they looked pretty dead and careless outthere. then, with like 10 seconds left on the clock at the end they stopped skating all together, it was embarassing, I mean its one thing to suck like the Oilers, but the Leafs arent even taking their games seriously.

Kadri has a hearing for a hit from last night. Anyone have the video?

Looks like an accident. I'm still fine with him facing discipline for not being more careful BUT it's complete BS that he gets a call for this but no one has gotten a call for deliberately headhunting Matthias.

Phil Kessel after 4-1 loss to ‪Oilers‬: "This is an all-time low in my career right now. It's a tough go. I don't know what to say anymore. I don't know how to explain it". Toronto went 0-3 through western Canada this week being outscored 14-5.

Toronto coach Pete Horachek followed up on Kessel's comment with: "Suck it up and let’s go". Horachek had previously in the day said "I’ve gone through tougher things. I’ve had cancer…and that’s a lot tougher than going through this."

Jets‬ fans chanted "Who's your captain?" at the ‪Sharks‬ tonight as they mocked the team taking captaincy away from star Joe Thornton last summer. It's not the first time this playoffs-starved crowd has had fun chanting. Other chants included in the pantheon of great Winnipeg fan chants include “silver medal!” in honor of Ryan Miller, “Crosby’s better!” that welcomed Alex Ovechkin and a “TORTORELLA” chant that attempted to erupt the emotions of the past NHL coach.

So how does the Wild Card spots actually work? Is it the top two teams that didn't make 3rd in their division?? (not sure how to word that haha) Is one from the East and one from the West? Or can they both come from the same conference?

Edit: Nevermind.. I'm an idiot. I get it.. Didn't realize there was two Wild Card spots in each conference.

This season's most clutch ‪‎NHL‬ players with Game-winning goals:

‪Ovechkin 10

‪Pacioretty 9

‪Nash 8

‪Cammalleri 8

‪Beleskey 8

‪Tavares 7

‪Monahan 7

‪Tatar 7

‪Ekman-Larsson 7

Wow didnt realize Eckman-Larrson was so clutch, would love to have a young stud like that. Good on Mony hockey too! He oughta get 30, maybe 35 this year!

Archived