The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Markstrom Recalled

Strombone1

His goals he let in against Iowa Wild weren't good goals.

gfycat.com/AccurateAcclaimedHookersealion should of been out more

gfycat.com/ExemplaryLiveGenet bad rebound

https://gfycat.com/ImperturbableCriminalAtlanticsharpnosepuffer - this one is really bad.

Anyhow let's hope he redeems himself!

News flash no goal is a good goal doesn't matter if it's a snipe or a bad rebound they all count the same

It's amazing all the fake experts try to analyze goals thinking it could of been saved guess what i can guarantee 90 percent pf posters have 0 hockey experience of playing the game

So keep trying to analyze players because most of you have 0 clue about how to play in the nhl so stop thinking you do

I'd like to see Markstrom get another shot..I remember Cory Schneider getting lit up when he first came up to the NHL....Noticed that the Canucks are wearing the Millionaires Jerseys at practice ..Have they ever won an NHL regular season game wearing Millionaires gear ?

Canucks are trying to nail a playoff spot so I doubt Markstrom gets in unless WD thinks Lack is not up to it. So far Lack has been doing a great job. Since Markstrom cannot really prove anything over one game his future remains clouded. IMHO Lack is making a real pitch for the #1 spot in Van. No doubt Miller is given the net back on his return but the future is Lack. Hopefully JB can work a good trade for Miller which brings draft picks back for this years Draft.

Wow an Elvis post that isn't saying "omggggggg did this need a new topic?? #minimod"

Thanks for wasting up reading space as usual.

It's REALLY cute you of all people would post something like that.

Just thought i'd point that glaringly obvious thing out for you.

Thanks for letting me take up your reading space though

Canucks are trying to nail a playoff spot so I doubt Markstrom gets in unless WD thinks Lack is not up to it. So far Lack has been doing a great job. Since Markstrom cannot really prove anything over one game his future remains clouded. IMHO Lack is making a real pitch for the #1 spot in Van. No doubt Miller is given the net back on his return but the future is Lack. Hopefully JB can work a good trade for Miller which brings draft picks back for this years Draft.

Lack is 27-28 hes the present, Markstrom and Demko are the future obviously.

Don't see the point of bringing him up, sending him down, then bringing him back up if they aren't going to play him, Lack will need a rest, and I'm guessing the reason he was sent down was so he can get some confidence back and maybe get back into the groove before playing an important game for us. Can still see him starting 2-3 games before the end of the year. May not turn out to be the case but I could see it happening.

Miller was injured the 3rd week of Feb. and is said to be out 4-6 weeks.

So Miller could be back for at the best the last 10 games of the season,

Starting Mar 24th at home to WPG(4 weeks out)

to the last 6 games of the season starting one of the back to backs in STL Mar.30 or in NSH Mar.31(5 weeks)

to the last 3 games of the season starting at home to LAK Apr.6(6 weeks)

Consider the long game.

One of the goalies will be moved by the draft. It is unlikely that it will be Miller so it is either Lack or Markstrom. Lack is showing us right now that he is a keeper. So, Markstrom needs starts to prove to the world that he can play in the NHL or else his price will be miniscule.

I get that the Canucks are in a tough playoff race. The more time that goes by, the more difficult it may be to slot Markstrom in.

The flip side is that Lack's stock is on the rise. If they move Lack (or even Miller), then what assurances do we have that Markstrom can even be the back up next year if he doesn't get starts.

Or, do the Canucks just take it on the chin and accept a 5th to 7th round pick for Markstrom because his NHL stats are terrible.

12-28-5, 3.25 GAA, <900 S%

Seems like they are probably planning to start him on Thursday against Columbus. Don't see any other reason they'd send him down to play one game then bring him back up to sit for the next 3 weeks.

He played 2 games in 2 nights for Utica winning both, one shutout win and 1 shootout win

Consider the long game.

One of the goalies will be moved by the draft. It is unlikely that it will be Miller so it is either Lack or Markstrom. Lack is showing us right now that he is a keeper. So, Markstrom needs starts to prove to the world that he can play in the NHL or else his price will be miniscule.

I get that the Canucks are in a tough playoff race. The more time that goes by, the more difficult it may be to slot Markstrom in.

The flip side is that Lack's stock is on the rise. If they move Lack (or even Miller), then what assurances do we have that Markstrom can even be the back up next year if he doesn't get starts.

Or, do the Canucks just take it on the chin and accept a 5th to 7th round pick for Markstrom because his NHL stats are terrible.

12-28-5, 3.25 GAA, <900 S%

they just traded for him last year little early to give up on him

and he played on a bad Panthers team for his NHL stats

Archived