The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Qualifying Offers and Free Agents Summer 2015

VegasCanuck

Players Needing Qualifying Offers  

1,121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't mind keeping Vey, but it often feels like Vey haven't shown much to deserve the 1st unit PP time...although our PP isn't great...would still like to see some net presences...

I think Vey is generally better than a lot of CDC gives him credit for. I think he needs to get stronger though to be really effective in the NHL. I think he may be able to work his way to full 2nd line status if he adds another 5 - 8 pounds.

I'm lead to believe JB has already made up his rosters for both teams already, if I was just a fly on the wall

From what I've heard, he has a wall that is dedicated to building the team and making changes.

He probably has a version of what he would like the team to look like next year, but I bet its constantly in flux based on players he's targeting.

Purposely left off the ones that aren't in question. Even though, there would have probably been a bunch of people saying we shouldn't qualify Vey.

The fans have to have someone to pick on lol

You have Sbisa among those not in question. His qualifying offer needs to be at least $2.9 million and even though his play had become steadier as the season progressed, until the recent injury crisis on the Canucks' defence I had thought it clear he shouldnl't be qualified. I'd still say it is in question, one which could depend not only on his play the rest of the season but also what the salary cap for next year is and in particular whether the players exercise the 5% escalator clause.

Tommernes' contract was terminated. http://canucksarmy.com/2015/1/8/tommernes-terminated-more-moves-coming

You might want to correct the spellings of Kenins, Andersson, Matthias and Dorsett.

Vey seems to be the odd man out in the center position but I guess he may just be the perfect 13th forward in case of injuries

Next season the centers should be:

Henrik

Horvat

Bonino

Richardson

Vey

Richardson is an excellent depth center that wants to be here

After watching that Philly game bonino could possibly be trade bait at the draft

It was probably the worst game I've ever seen him play

Constantly getting knocked to the ice and too slow to pull the trigger in ideal shooting spots and getting checked from behind

You have Sbisa among those not in question. His qualifying offer needs to be at least $2.9 million and even though his play had become steadier as the season progressed, until the recent injury crisis on the Canucks' defence I had thought it clear he shouldnl't be qualified. I'd still say it is in question, one which could depend not only on his play the rest of the season but also what the salary cap for next year is and in particular whether the players exercise the 5% escalator clause.

After today's LA game as a prime example and in looking over our current D and prospects, trades notwithstanding I think we need to re-sign Sbisa. He is one of the few consistent physical and hitting guys we have back there.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to try for Beleskey/Oduya/Franson, mostly. Not saying we'd get any of them, or even that they'll be available come FA, but Franson is the kind of offensive D we're missing on the back end. And I'd love to see Beleskey on the 4th line, but I'd doubt he signs here.

If I had to choose, Franson. But not if we'd have to overpay, which we will.

And hopefully sign Richardson.

Archived