The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Netanyahu Wins Election - Likud 30 Seats - Zionist Union 24 Seats

DonLever

I think the end of that article summed up who Netanyahu is (or should start to be) quite nicely.

Do you really buy that sleaze? Netanyahu is lying POS. He allies himself with hardliners and blatant racists to buy votes and then pushes his own agenda. As long as people like Netanyahu (and his contemporaries in the region) are in power, there is no chance for peace. Don't buy the spin, it's trixie and false.

Despite the fact it makes no sense that a Roman governer would listen to Jewish subjects over his own appointed rulers....

The people who supported Jesus were also Jews. He was claiming

Jesus's followers were also Jews. So some Jews wanted him dead, some supported him, and I'm sure many were ambivalent. Just like you could say some Romans wanted him dead and some did not.

Also, it's pretty clear that the bible says Jesus was supposed to die and did so willingly.

I also don't know what this has to do with this thread....apparently bringing up Jews killing Jesus is legitimate criticism of Israel?

Yet you chose this post to reply to rather than the post that illustrates that the US with prodding from israel set freedom and democracy back in Iran by decades with bush's axis of evil comments and that Israel is trying to create a bogey man that does not really exist.

As my post pointed out Iran has a history of helping the Israelites- jews , dating back to when the persians freed the jewish intellectual elite from babylon.

It was the pharisses that wanted and made sure that jesus was killed, he had attacked them on multiple occassions ,any one who denies thiis lacks any credibility what so ever.

This statement seems to indicate - "Also, it's pretty clear that the bible says Jesus was supposed to die and did so willingly"- that you believe the Bible is historical fact.

It was the pharisses that wanted and made sure that jesus was killed, he had attacked them on multiple occassions ,any one who denies thiis lacks any credibility what so ever.

This statement seems to indicate - "Also, it's pretty clear that the bible says Jesus was supposed to die and did so willingly"- that you believe the Bible is historical fact.

The fact that you brought the Pharisees and Jesus up in the first to try to sway me seems to indicate you believe the Bible is an historical fact.

Do you really buy that sleaze? Netanyahu is lying POS. He allies himself with hardliners and blatant racists to buy votes and then pushes his own agenda. As long as people like Netanyahu (and his contemporaries in the region) are in power, there is no chance for peace. Don't buy the spin, it's trixie and false.

Honestly, I'll give anyone a second chance. If he can live up to what he says, then both I and he have made a wise move. If not, I can learn from it and move on with my life, and hopefully so will he.

The fact that you brought the Pharisees and Jesus up in the first to try to sway me seems to indicate you believe the Bible is an historical fact.

There are many other books apart from the bible that talk about the political situation in palestine around 2000 years ago jazz.

No Jazz i do not believe that the bible is historical fact.

Mikey B sums it up the best IMO

It's funny how some fables became historic , when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric.

Here you go mate just for you

There are many other books apart from the bible that talk about the political situation in palestine around 2000 years ago jazz.

No Jazz i do not believe that the bible is historical fact.

It's funny how some fables became historic , when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric.

First line: Cool.

Second line: But the accounts of Jesus? Well, never mind. You can just ask him when he comes back if the Bible is or isn't a historical fact.

Third line: I think, the only stories you're referencing or be able to reference to there are King Arthur and Robin Hood. And even then, they might have existed.

Yet you chose this post to reply to rather than the post that illustrates that the US with prodding from israel set freedom and democracy back in Iran by decades with bush's axis of evil comments and that Israel is trying to create a bogey man that does not really exist.

As my post pointed out Iran has a history of helping the Israelites- jews , dating back to when the persians freed the jewish intellectual elite from babylon.

Iran had a history of helping the Israelites...like 2000 years ago. For the last 1000 years or so they've had a history of having rapey and murderous riots targeting Jews whenever something goes wrong.

The Iranians also need to take responsibility for their own failings. The whole hug a hardline islamist thing has been shown not to work. Their end goal is dictatorship and they cannot be reasoned with. That's been shown in all of the surrounding countries as well. The unfortunate part is that many of the most educated and pro-democratic people have left or were forced out of Iran. So now you've got a concentrated group of overly religious and ignorant people.

No actually it doesn't. Even if the bible at one time was a historical document, it's been re-written and edited by the church many many times. I was merely pointing out how an overly simplistic statement like "the Jews killed Jesus" simply isn't true. At the end of the day, the bible depicts Jesus as being able to warp reality. If he didn't want to die, he wouldn't have died.

Bibi that worthless coward. Backtracking from everything he said and now the US is FINALLY pushing back.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/white-house-rethinking-israel-ties-peace-process-rules-1.3002385

Almost certainly, what happened yesterday in the White House briefing room is provoking joy among Palestinians, concern if not fear in Israel, and urgent "taking of views," as the British put it, in foreign ministries worldwide.

For the first time in decades, Washington is not reflexively and unconditionally standing with Israel.

As a matter of fact, the Obama administration is explicitly doing the opposite.

Repeatedly, President Obama's aptly-named spokesman, Josh Earnest, told reporters Thursday the U.S. is "rethinking" and "re-evaluating," and "reconsidering" its decades-long, unwavering support of a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The days of Washington automatically supporting Israel at the UN, striving to protect it from international isolation may be over: "That foundation has been eroded," said Earnest. "It means that our policy decisions need to be reconsidered."

And the president's spokesman was happy to provide everyone with the reason for America's change of heart: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's pre-election declaration earlier this week that shattered, finally, the idea of "the peace process."

I use those quotation marks deliberately. The peace process has been a fiction for many years, if it was ever real at all.

But it was a fiction nearly everyone had an interest in perpetuating: negotiations leading to "two states, living side by side in peace and security."

'Our ally'

For the record, Earnest repeated America's abiding support for that ultimate objective Thursday.

But, he added, "now our ally in these talks has said that they are no longer committed to that solution."

Notice the "our ally" reference. An open admission that America supported one side in those talks, and that that has changed.

obama.jpg

White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration is reassessing how it wants to proceed on the Middle East peace process. (The Associated Press)

For nearly a quarter of a century, the states-living-side-by-side-in-peace-and-security trope has been sacred diplomatic script.

It's enshrined in the foreign policies of the most important nations. It soothed liberals, and held out promise to Palestinians.

But it was most fiercely cherished and defended by Israel itself, and its supporters worldwide.

There is a simple reason for that: the alternative to a two-state solution is a one-state solution, and everybody knows what that means: Israel inherits, in perpetuity, millions of disenfranchised Arab subjects, people who procreate at a faster rate than Israelis, creating an ever-uglier and more asymmetrical version of democracy.

As former Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak has said, if the status quo continues, the nation between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River will either be Jewish, or a democracy, but not both.

Shattered the fiction

On Monday, campaigning hard for re-election, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu finally shattered the fiction of compromise and negotiation.

He would never allow the establishment of a Palestinian state, he promised.

He also invoked the shibboleth of an Arab fifth column inside Israel, warning that Arab-Israeli citizens, who are permitted a vote, would come out "in droves" to influence the outcome of the election.

It was a remarkable statement. And, politically at least, it worked; Netanyahu won a decisive re-election.

But in dispensing with the fiction, Netanyahu handed the Palestinian leadership a remarkable gift.

In the past, when Palestinian leaders claimed Israel was negotiating in bad faith, and lobbied world leaders to support a unilateral declaration of independence, the Palestinians were patted on the head and pointed back to the non-existent negotiating table.

The U.S. worked hard to block full Palestinian membership at the UN.

And the Obama administration has warned the Palestinians against any effort to take Israel to the International Criminal Court for its vigorous settlement-building, which violates the laws of war.

Everything, the Palestinians have been instructed, must be negotiated. Unilateral action is intolerable. Statehood is only possible with Israeli consent.

Now, of course, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas can (and almost certainly will) rightly claim that negotiation is no longer possible; that by the Israeli prime minister's own admission, the Palestinians have no one with whom to negotiate.

Walk it back

Netanyahu, realizing that, is now trying to "walk back" his unequivocal declaration.

No, no, no, he told MSNBC Thursday. Everyone misunderstood his meaning.

"I want a sustainable, peaceful two-state solution, but for that, circumstances have to change," he said. "To make it achievable, then you have to have real negotiations with people who are committed to peace."

In other words, the Palestinians are the barrier, not him.

In the past, the White House has almost always fallen into line on such occasions, supporting Israel. Not this time.

Earnest was careful to tell reporters right off the bat that he'd read the transcript of Netanyahu's hasty climbdown on MSNBC, and then carefully made it clear the White House doesn't believe a word of it.

Will Israel be more internationally isolated as a result of Netanyahu's remarks? Hard to predict, said Earnest.

Can Israel still count on American support at the UN? We're rethinking that.

In reference to Netanyahu's remarks about Arab-Israeli voters, Earnest called it a "cynical election day tactic [that] was a pretty transparent effort to marginalize Arab-Israeli citizens and their right to participate in their democracy."

It was a remarkable, abrupt reversal of attitude by Israel's powerful friend and patron. (Canada, no doubt, is sticking with Netanyahu, but Canada has no Security Council veto.)

Actually, there is lots of blame to go around for the failed peace process. Both the Palestinian and Israeli leaderships have shown blatant bad faith over the years.

mideast-israel-netanyahu.jpg

Never really a meeting of the minds as this White House photo from September 2013 seems to indicate. (The Associated Press)

But the Israelis, of course, have been the ones in charge, and their stalling has moved in step with the simultaneous expansion of settlements on occupied land.

In 2003, the renowned Jewish thinker and historian Tony Judt published an article declaring that the two-state solution would not happen; that Israel had created too many "facts on the ground," meaning settlers in the occupied territories, and that Israel's citizens must prepare for the "unthinkable" one-state solution with all its implications.

"The Middle East peace process is finished. It did not die: it was killed," he wrote.

Judt was instantly pilloried as a self-hating Jew who advocated the annihilation of Israel.

Unfortunately, he did not live to hear Benjamin Netanyahu validate his thesis.

============================================

Under Bibi that has become so common place. Speak out against Israel and you're a traitor or hate Israel or are an Arab sympathizer.

I for one am proud that Obama has the stones to make Israel sweat now. Without the US vote on the security council Israel is effectively done and will HAVE to face the UN on any number of issues. especially if the US refuses to stop Palestine from bringing Israel to the world court

Iran had a history of helping the Israelites...like 2000 years ago. For the last 1000 years or so they've had a history of having rapey and murderous riots targeting Jews whenever something goes wrong.

The Iranians also need to take responsibility for their own failings. The whole hug a hardline islamist thing has been shown not to work. Their end goal is dictatorship and they cannot be reasoned with. That's been shown in all of the surrounding countries as well. The unfortunate part is that many of the most educated and pro-democratic people have left or were forced out of Iran. So now you've got a concentrated group of overly religious and ignorant people.

No actually it doesn't. Even if the bible at one time was a historical document, it's been re-written and edited by the church many many times. I was merely pointing out how an overly simplistic statement like "the Jews killed Jesus" simply isn't true. At the end of the day, the bible depicts Jesus as being able to warp reality. If he didn't want to die, he wouldn't have died.

They wanted the ultra corrupt Shah out of power so I guess it was abit of trade off..

It's funny some of those educated people you speak once collaborated with Khomeini until he brought forward his draft constitution..

1000 years ? Again you are full of it Taxi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_rescue_efforts_during_the_Holocaust

“Among the Righteous”:Lost Stories of Arabs Who Saved Jews During the Holocaust

Allan C. Brownfeld

Issues

Summer 2008

AMONG THE RIGHTEOUS

by Robert Satloff,

Public Affairs Press,

263 Pages,

$14.95.

Thousands of people have been honored for saving Jews during the Holocaust — but not a single Arab. Were there, in fact, Arabs who saved Jews during this period? Seeking a hopeful response, Robert Satloff set off on a four-year quest to find an Arab hero whose story would change the way Arabs and Jews see one another. In the end, he found many.

The book Among the Righteous is the story of that quest, and the many Arabs whose stories of courage in helping their Jewish fellow-citizens in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya — and in occupied France — slowly emerged.

Robert Satloff, who has served since 1993 as executive director of The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, is a widely respected expert on Arab and Islamic politics. Soon after September 11, 2001, he moved his family to Rabat, Morocco, where his research focused on unearthing stories of Arab “heros” and “villains” of the Holocaust, drawing on archives, interviews and site visits in 11 countries. His discoveries helped convince the German government to award compensation to Jewish survivors of labor camps in North Africa, and led Yad Vashem, Israel’s Holocaust memorial museum to formally consider an Arab for the first time as a candidate for recognition as a “Righteous among the Nations.”

The American Council of judaism............www.acjna.org/acjna/articles_detail.aspx?id=487

So the Iranians have gone from being a threat to the entire world to having to take responsibilty for their failing's ?

Tell me has Israel done this ? admitting that acts like the bombing of the king david hotel and the massacre at dier yassin amongst other terrorist acts were crimes against humanity.

Has any nation done this , admitted to their failing's ?

For the last couple of months I have had to put up with the "celebrations" of the100 aniversary of a gallipoli ,australians illegaly invading a muslim country that had never even heard of us , we have not admitted to our mistake/failing , we actually glorify it.

I wonder how australians would feel if the japanese wanted to come to darwin in munbers to celebrate the bombing and invasion force that was stopped by the yanks at the battle of the coral sea ?

My original post was taking the piss out of jazz . I thought that was pretty obvious....but...but.... but...

Sometimes I like to make pun sentances and stories. I often use Netanyahu. I change it to something like "on the way to work I Metanyahu." Not really applicable, but I like to keep myself amused. I'm rarely angry or even upset on CDC even though I've accused of it fairly often. I'm usually chuckling about it.

First line: Cool.

Second line: But the accounts of Jesus? Well, never mind. You can just ask him when he comes back if the Bible is or isn't a historical fact.

Third line: I think, the only stories you're referencing or be able to reference to there are King Arthur and Robin Hood. And even then, they might have existed.

I was taking the piss jazz.

The romans were known to be meticulous in their record keeping , it seems very strange that they have no records of jesus's crucifixion.

The only historians that are not christian that mention jesus are Tacitus and Josephus and they only mention him briefly.

I had that BS literally beaten into me from the age of 5 until 17 , sometimes I have to remind myself it's just an allegory

No jazz the myth mike and I are referring to is the bible.

It seems that ancient egyptians were more perceptive than most modern christians , they realised their creation/creator allegory/myth was indeed just that , a myth.

1000 years ? Again you are full of it Taxi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_rescue_efforts_during_the_Holocaust

Among the Righteous:Lost Stories of Arabs Who Saved Jews During the Holocaust

Allan C. Brownfeld

Issues

Summer 2008

AMONG THE RIGHTEOUS

by Robert Satloff,

Public Affairs Press,

263 Pages,

$14.95.

Thousands of people have been honored for saving Jews during the Holocaust but not a single Arab. Were there, in fact, Arabs who saved Jews during this period? Seeking a hopeful response, Robert Satloff set off on a four-year quest to find an Arab hero whose story would change the way Arabs and Jews see one another. In the end, he found many.

The book Among the Righteous is the story of that quest, and the many Arabs whose stories of courage in helping their Jewish fellow-citizens in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and in occupied France slowly emerged.

Robert Satloff, who has served since 1993 as executive director of The Washington Institute for Near East Policy, is a widely respected expert on Arab and Islamic politics. Soon after September 11, 2001, he moved his family to Rabat, Morocco, where his research focused on unearthing stories of Arab heros and villains of the Holocaust, drawing on archives, interviews and site visits in 11 countries. His discoveries helped convince the German government to award compensation to Jewish survivors of labor camps in North Africa, and led Yad Vashem, Israels Holocaust memorial museum to formally consider an Arab for the first time as a candidate for recognition as a Righteous among the Nations.

The American Council of judaism............www.acjna.org/acjna/articles_detail.aspx?id=487

So the Iranians have gone from being a threat to the entire world to having to take responsibilty for their failing's ?

Tell me has Israel done this ? admitting that acts like the bombing of the king david hotel and the massacre at dier yassin amongst other terrorist acts were crimes against humanity.

Has any nation done this , admitted to their failing's ?

For the last couple of months I have had to put up with the "celebrations" of the100 aniversary of a gallipoli ,australians illegaly invading a muslim country that had never even heard of us , we have not admitted to our mistake/failing , we actually glorify it.

I wonder how australians would feel if the japanese wanted to come to darwin in munbers to celebrate the bombing and invasion force that was stopped by the yanks at the battle of the coral sea ?

My original post was taking the piss out of jazz . I thought that was pretty obvious....but...but.... but...

Lol.. if the Ottoman empire didn't want to get invaded by Britain's allies, then they shouldn't have sided with Germany in WWI.

And the only people keeping Iran in the absolute mess it currently is their own totalitarian establishment and the people that support them.

Lol.. if the Ottoman empire didn't want to get invaded by Britain's allies, then they shouldn't have sided with Germany in WWI.

And the only people keeping Iran in the absolute mess it currently is their own totalitarian establishment and the people that support them.

That is your rationale for australia's illlegal invasion of a muslim country where most of the inhabitants did not know that we had even existed as a country , and had certainly not fracked with us.

And are those the same british that you have critisised for years on this board their handling of the middle east for the first half of the 20th century ?

You have not adressed the fact the Israel and the US have contributed to the current political situation in iran by trying to demonise them or the fact that the arab nations do have a long history of helping the jews/isreali's.

You are so full of it taxi and every one of your posts illustrates this fact .....please keep posting

That is your rationale for australia's illlegal invasion of a muslim country where most of the inhabitants did not know that we had even existed as a country , and had certainly not fracked with us.

And are those the same british that you have critisised for years on this board their handling of the middle east for the first half of the 20th century ?

You have not adressed the fact the Israel and the US have contributed to the current political situation in iran by trying to demonise them or the fact that the arab nations do have a long history of helping the jews/isreali's.

You are so full of it taxi and every one of your posts illustrates this fact .....please keep posting

Lol.. Allied forces fighting back in WWI was not an illegal invasion.

Not only is that ridiculous, but it's ignorant. The Arab inhabitants largely supported the Allies against their own Turkish rulers.

Trolling?

Edit:

And to answer your other questions. In what way does the "demonizing" of the current regime keep them in power? The Iranian regime deserves to be called out, it's straight out awful. We're talking about a regime that executes homosexuals, imprisons dissenters, has invaded Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon, etc...

Also the arab nations do not have a long history of helping the jews. Firstly, the arab nations do not have a long history period. They were all created within the last century. The Ottoman Empire, has a long history of brief moments of tolerance followed by massacres, extra taxes, property theft, etc..

You need to look up what Dhimmi was and how the muslim nations treated non-muslims. I certainly would not describe it as helping.

A wikipedia excerpt, on the subject:

In 1834, in Safed local Muslim Arabs carried out a massacre of the indigenous (Old Yishuv) Jewish population of that city in the Safed Plunder.[citation needed]

In 1839, in the eastern Persian city of Meshed, a mob burst into the Jewish Quarter, burned the synagogue, and destroyed the Torah scrolls. It was only by forcible conversion that a massacre was averted.[27] There was another massacre in Barfurush in 1867.[28][29] In 1839, the Allahdad incident, the Jews of Mashhad, Iran, now known as the Mashhadi Jews, were coerced into converting to Islam.[30]

In the middle of the 19th century, J. J. Benjamin wrote about the life of Persian Jews:

"…they are obliged to live in a separate part of town…; for they are considered as unclean creatures… Under the pretext of their being unclean, they are treated with the greatest severity and should they enter a street, inhabited by Mussulmans, they are pelted by the boys and mobs with stones and dirt… For the same reason, they are prohibited to go out when it rains; for it is said the rain would wash dirt off them, which would sully the feet of the Mussulmans… If a Jew is recognized as such in the streets, he is subjected to the greatest insults. The passers-by spit in his face, and sometimes beat him… unmercifully… If a Jew enters a shop for anything, he is forbidden to inspect the goods… Should his hand incautiously touch the goods, he must take them at any price the seller chooses to ask for them... Sometimes the Persians intrude into the dwellings of the Jews and take possession of whatever please them. Should the owner make the least opposition in defense of his property, he incurs the danger of atoning for it with his life... If... a Jew shows himself in the street during the three days of the Katel (Muharram)…, he is sure to be murdered."

In 1840, the Jews of Damascus were falsely accused of having murdered a Christian monk and his Muslim servant and of having used their blood to bake Passover bread.[32]A Jewish barber was tortured until he "confessed"; two other Jews who were arrested died under torture, while a third converted to Islam to save his life. Throughout the 1860s, the Jews of Libya were subjected to what Gilbert calls punitive taxation. In 1864, around 500 Jews were killed in Marrakech and Fez in Morocco. In 1869, 18 Jews were killed in Tunis, and an Arab mob looted Jewish homes and stores, and burned synagogues, on Jerba Island. In 1875, 20 Jews were killed by a mob in Demnat, Morocco; elsewhere in Morocco, Jews were attacked and killed in the streets in broad daylight. In 1897, synagogues were ransacked and Jews were murdered in Tripolitania.[27]

I guess it's not as bad as the inquisition...hardly helping. And there's a very good reason why all the Jews left their former homes in what are now Arab countries. Those Jews now form the majority of Jews in Israel, and if it wasn't for them Israel probably wouldn't exist. Israel exists because of Arab hatred.

Lol.. Allied forces fighting back in WWI was not an illegal invasion.

Not only is that ridiculous, but it's ignorant. The Arab inhabitants largely supported the Allies against their own Turkish rulers.

Trolling?

Edit:

And to answer your other questions. In what way does the "demonizing" of the current regime keep them in power? The Iranian regime deserves to be called out, it's straight out awful. We're talking about a regime that executes homosexuals, imprisons dissenters, has invaded Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon, etc...

Also the arab nations do not have a long history of helping the jews. Firstly, the arab nations do not have a long history period. They were all created within the last century. The Ottoman Empire, has a long history of brief moments of tolerance followed by massacres, extra taxes, property theft, etc..

You need to look up what Dhimmi was and how the muslim nations treated non-muslims. I certainly would not describe it as helping.

A wikipedia excerpt, on the subject:

I guess it's not as bad as the inquisition...hardly helping. And there's a very good reason why all the Jews left their former homes in what are now Arab countries. Those Jews now form the majority of Jews in Israel, and if it wasn't for them Israel probably wouldn't exist. Israel exists because of Arab hatred.

The Turks had never fracked with australia , it had only existed as a country for 14 years. The Gallipoli campaign was churchills pet project , something the british had wanted to do since the crusades , sail up the dardenelle's, land , invade and conquer constantinople/istanbul.

Australians had no right or reason to be there , turkey had done nothing to us. The forebears of many of those soldiers were sent to australia for stealing a loaf of bread or poaching a dear , now the british expect the descandants of those "criminals " to die in a conflict 'for king and country" that had nothing to do with them , invading a muslim country that had not fracked with them like western nations had done for centuries.

The british did not even trust the australians to behave in a civilised manner , that's why they were sent to the middle east rather than europe , they thought the aussies would behave like animals and many of them proved the british correct in the back-streets of cairo.

So if australians were sent to israel to invade and kill israeli's that would not be illegal either according to you.

It's because of people like you that find any justification they can for sending others to die that our species keep fighting these pointless wars/conflicts.

As I have stated all countries frack with others , what you have posted does not change the fact the arabs have helped jews for thousands of years , from the time of the babylonian empire right up until the time of their greatest need, the holocaust.

You keep on ignoring the fact that bushs axis of evil comments contributed to the current political situation , let me remind you of some comments i have already posted from a NY times opinion piece that you seem to keep on ingnoring

His comment has clearly strengthened the hand of the hard-liners and forced reformers to prove their patriotism by denouncing the United States

Yesterday's marches were especially disheartening because they offered such a stark contrast to demonstrations of recent months that had a distinctly anti-clerical, pro-Western tinge. Soccer fans shouted, ''Death to the mullahs,'' and teachers, traditionally among the most loyal of civil servants, shouted: ''Twenty-three years have passed! What has happened to justice? Shame on you!'' Now it seems that Iranians feel obliged to focus not on internal reform but on the United States.

The real victims of bush's axis of evil comments are the iranian people ,their society was starting to change and become more " western" and free , his comments set back democracy by decades.

You know that if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it ,thats why you keep up the zionist rhetoric on this board isn't it hasbarat.

Australia didn't have a lot of choice in WW1, much like Canada, when Britian declared war, as part of the British Empire they were involved automatically, the idea of Gallipoli was to open up the Dardanelles providing a link with Russia, knock Turkey as well as Bulgaria out of the war and provide another front to draw German troops away from the western front in France. Unfortunately the incompetence of British command in WW1 seemed to have no limits, after the Anzacs were slaughtered there, they decided to waste most of thier own army as well as the Canadian corps at the Somme. After that Canada demanded its troops fight under its own commanders, Sir Arthur Currie fought British commad as much as the Germans.

Archived