The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 Federal Election Thread

thejazz97

PM Mock Election  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with this.

Legalizing all drugs would solve so many issues and save so much money.

Make it so all hard drugs are only available for purchase at a government center (located in all major cities). Next I would make them dirt cheap, so cheap that the government is almost losing money.

Anyone over the age of 18 can purchase a substance from this center, but they have to sign up as a member. Therefore having a record of all the known drug users in the area. If someone comes in frequently, they could offer them free therapy and rehabilitation.

So that being said.

How can any dealers sell on the streets if anybody can get the cleanest, safest, and most cheap meth, heroin, etc. from a trusted source.

Therefore, how do cartels make up for these losses? They don't. Therefore taking a massive hit.

Therefore resulting in less money spent on fighting the drug war.

Plus, like Heffy said, more money can be spent of educating kids of the real dangers of these substances.

IMO, problem solved.

Edit: Of course I'm no expert on the subject, but this makes sense to me.

A genius right here, folks! I will volunteer and become head of the new crown corporation, Drugs Canada. I will take part in the billion-dollar industry by taking a huge portion of Federal taxes and producing goods which will kill my own customers! Cuts will be made to... pensions (screw the old geezers and let them try Krokadil), and other so-called essential services. Giving free recreational drugs to citizens is much more important!

I don't in any way shape or form believe the Cons will hold a majority or even a minority.

This will be a Liberal win sadly. I say Sadly because I do not believe a vindictive party is the one that should run this country. I also do not believe the elitist son of a once strong yet polarizing politician should be the one to take office.

BUT!

I will say this and say it with every fiber of my being. Trudeau reflects Canadian values far more strongly than harper could ever dream of or promise canadians.

Now to harper.

In the past 4 years alone the amount of scandal ethical isues legal issues and monetary waste is absolutely disgusting. He even went on record today wishing Netenyahu the best and told him that canada and Canadians stand behind him and his dreams for the future 100%.

If you missed it, Bibi flat out stated there would never be a peace deal or two state solution while he was in office, he also made claims that the "left is shipping f***ing dirty arabs to the polling station to defeat me)

This is a declaration of support for Bibbi and Israel I might add AFTER these remarks were made.

He is divisive, polariazing is playing east vs west if you're not with me you're with the pedophiles murderers terrorists muslims environmental groups and everyone else.

He has absolutely bankrupted this country and STILL hasn't produced a budget, in 3 weeks he will be running the longest non wartime government to not table a budget in the new year. He supports racism gun nuts and has embroiled this country now in 2s eperate wars.

And if we factor in his bulls**t economic track record I find it hard to believe that anyone outside of Alberta will willingly vote for him. even Sask is having strong second thoughts, he alienated the Maritimes with his lies and budget pull backs, vets had everything taken away and are now being spoon fed small tidbits that are a fraction of what he took.

His party is willfull, racist and refuses to answer anything during question period and instead opt to act like children. he's wasted hundreds of millions in court costs fighting legal precedents that violate numerous codes in the canadian constitution

And the list goes on and on.

He's lost the BC votes. Will most likely for the first time in decades lose a bit of the vote in Alberta...

yes the sooner we have this election the betetr.

An Ipsos Reid official was actually asked early last year why Harper claims he speaks for most canadians yet refuses to hold an election to back it up.

The officials answer was quite simple

"Regardless of what we see in the polls and market research that we conduct. I firmly understand how people in this country feel about our government as I speak to them daily. If Mr. Harper were to call a snap election today he would be unemployed tomorrow."

And that is what we all need to focus on. Octobers election, strategic voting and then repairing the damage this worthless piece of Oilers Hockey Team has caused this once great country.

By the way, I was a staunch Conservative until 2004

The vast array of opinions and beliefs on this thread alone is exactly why Politics is such a hot button topic. I would never vote Conservative, I loathe Conservative values, but I would never tell someone they are wrong for doing so. There are so many different type of people that for Democracy to really work, we have to let Democracy work. That means eating a crap sandwich now again because the person or party you want in power is not.

1. If the government took over the production process they'd be able to sell it a lot cheaper than it is currently, even after taxes. I'd also make it free for the hopelessly addicted to lessen the social issues as a result of property crime to fuel addictions.

2. People aren't going to jump up and try meth just because it's legal.

1. Cheaper than the dispensaries in Vancouver? Absolutely. Cheaper than the gang weed being grown in warehouses being sold for $125/oz? Doubt it.

2. They absolutely will try it because it's legal. The question is would they have they tried it (or something just as bad) anyways. The Portugal model is a better model. Punish traffickers and manufactures, not users or street dealers.

A genius right here, folks! I will volunteer and become head of the new crown corporation, Drugs Canada. I will take part in the billion-dollar industry by taking a huge portion of Federal taxes and producing goods which will kill my own customers! Cuts will be made to... pensions (screw the old geezers and let them try Krokadil), and other so-called essential services. Giving free recreational drugs to citizens is much more important!

The government already allows countless deaths from tabaco and alcohol, not to mention all the secondary ailments caused by both substances, the crippling but non fatally so illnesses from smoking, strokes/COPD/ etc, and all the burden on society from alcohol misshaps like little Timmy and Suzys new baby they just conjured up after a night of drinking. Countless victims of drunk drivers so on and so forth.

The vast majority of banned substances, in their pure form, taken responsably, are vastly less damaging then alcohol or tobaco. Likewise, I don't personally party anymore Im past those days, but I'd rather hang out in a club full of people on ecstasy, then in a club full of drunks looking to either fight or f*ck.

The vast array of opinions and beliefs on this thread alone is exactly why Politics is such a hot button topic. I would never vote Conservative, I loathe Conservative values, but I would never tell someone they are wrong for doing so. There are so many different type of people that for Democracy to really work, we have to let Democracy work. That means eating a crap sandwich now again because the person or party you want in power is not.

1. Cheaper than the dispensaries in Vancouver? Absolutely. Cheaper than the gang weed being grown in warehouses being sold for $125/oz? Doubt it.

2. They absolutely will try it because it's legal. The question is would they have they tried it (or something just as bad) anyways. The Portugal model is a better model. Punish traffickers and manufactures, not users or street dealers.

2. Its funny, as a hobby I enjoy studying pharmacology and in particular recreational substances, and on some major drug forums, I posted a question years ago, about legalizing drugs, and nearly 50% of the respondants posted to me that if "the man" says its ok, it takes away alot of the rush of doing it. Alot of kids trying drugs are doing it out of pure rebellion. People will NOT start using something that they havent already used just because its legal. And those that do, will have a better knowledge of the risks and can guarantee their purity.

The government programs necessary to try and get people off drug addiction wouldn't even come close to the standards you'd need if you legalized all drug use AND subsidized drugs for the poor. You would need major manpower, resources and money.

So in the end you'd have the government making money off dangerous drugs, using that money to try and get people off the drugs or keep them away from said drugs. That isn't even evil. It's completely counter-productive.

All evidence points to decreased drug use with decriminalization.

I am a strong NDP supporter but I am probably voting Liberals and encourage other NDP supporters to do the same, if the liberals and NDP split the vote then that snake Harper remains in power. Pretty much will do anything to get Harper out.

I was a strong convservative supporter, and really enjoyed Harpers first few years, the GST cuts and all, but the last couple of years he has started to agravate me. I like bits and pieces of each partys agendas, but when I read through each partys platform, I don't really see one that I back 100%. The Liberals I have zero faith in, the NDP have good idea's but Id be weary of their ability to run a country, and the conservatives, well, I think they need to go back to being "progressive" convservatives, and actually be progressive. At this point I am undecided who I will vote for, Ill have to hear a bit more from the candidates and see some party platform revisions and go from their.

I was a strong convservative supporter, and really enjoyed Harpers first few years, the GST cuts and all, but the last couple of years he has started to agravate me. I like bits and pieces of each partys agendas, but when I read through each partys platform, I don't really see one that I back 100%. The Liberals I have zero faith in, the NDP have good idea's but Id be weary of their ability to run a country, and the conservatives, well, I think they need to go back to being "progressive" convservatives, and actually be progressive. At this point I am undecided who I will vote for, Ill have to hear a bit more from the candidates and see some party platform revisions and go from their.

FWIW, no one will ever back a party's platform 100%. Even individual politicians within a party have points of contention/disagreement with their party platform.

^^ Politicians are all the same, and no matter which party/candidate leads the country I can guarantee there will be scandals, angry people complaining on the internet, and the country will more or less chug along exactly the same as it had through the previous candidate and the one before that and before that!!

tumblr_m86tu0XKbD1r2zn66o1_1280.jpg

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, we get it. Politicians are corrupt. Now what? Are you not going to vote again? Are you itching to grab a gun and have a revolution? Are you going to keep posting memes that accomplish less than any slaktivist ever could? In other words, do you have anything more substantive than pictures we've all seen dozens of times?

While I don't disagree with the general sentiment, in reality that's a total cop out if you're not helping organize anti-government movements in your spare time.

Agreed, better to at least vote for the lesser of all evils then not to vote at all, unless your are planning some sort of overthrow of all government.

Agreed, better to at least vote for the lesser of all evils then not to vote at all, unless your are planning some sort of overthrow of all government.

Not only that but if you can't tell the difference between the Greens, NDP, Liberals and Cons...you have a problem.

They may all be some level of corrupt asshats but they most definitely are different.

For example, you can have corruption and kickbacks with a government that promotes the environment, sustainable farming, social programs etc with questionable fiscal policies. Or you can have corruption and kickbacks that promote war, increasing prisons despite lower crime and selling off natural resources to foreigners at the expense of Canadians and the environment with questionable fiscal policies.

Both corrupt and less than "good" options but most definitely different.

Archived