The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Guest Dasein

The Lames will always be an enemy of mine. That's why I'm rooting for them to make the playoffs as 3rd in Pacific. Their defeat would make me happy. Their fanbase's number one rival is us (now that Edmonton is too sad to be considered anyones rival), and while they haven't burned us like the Kings or Ducks recently, they still rank highly for me. I'd probably rank them 3rd (tied with Hawks) or 4th. Pretty high on the list out of the entire Western Conference. The Jets don't even rank for me. They're definitely below the Flames, Blues, Wild, or even Dallas.

Still wayyyyyyyy below LA and ANA though (what would be sweeter than knocking off the defending champs or the team that Kesler went to win a championship with?)

I had the Jets ranked higher because they are such bastards to play against

I don't see the Flames as a real rival yet - the hate hasn't been rekindled since the days when Iggy and Kipper led that team against Nazzy's WCE Canucks

That Hamhuis fight was soo brutal looking. Glad he was okay though. All around good game by everyone, especially Edler Burr and Lack.

Also liked that stab Shorthouse threw at Garett, Lol

*talk about getting stiches"

Garrett: I had 26 of them one night in St. Louis.

Shorthouse: Oh, you talking about your goals against?

::D::D::D

Guest Dasein

Sj is further dropping out after this win. Down to la and calgary and winnipeg for final spot. Minnesota is real deal

All because Dubnyk is the real deal

Great to see him get his career on track after leaving Deadmonton

Still wayyyyyyyy below LA and ANA though (what would be sweeter than knocking off the defending champs or the team that Kesler went to win a championship with?)

I had the Jets ranked higher because they are such bastards to play against

I don't see the Flames as a real rival yet - the hate hasn't been rekindled since the days when Iggy and Kipper led that team against Nazzy's WCE Canucks

I don't disagree LA would be more satisfying, but the Canucks have a mental block against them and ever since 2012 have always gotten the better of us. Anaheim isn't possible to play in the first round, so really it's between the Flames and Kings. Sharks are essentially out at this point without a 1 in 100 miracle.

Guest Dasein

I don't disagree LA would be more satisfying, but the Canucks have a mental block against them and ever since 2012 have always gotten the better of us. Anaheim isn't possible to play in the first round, so really it's between the Flames and Kings. Sharks are essentially out at this point without a 1 in 100 miracle.

Ya I'm not disagreeing with you - I think LA would kill us

Ive seen knockoff ones online..but the ones in the warmup were legit reeboks.. im not too sure. I do know they were selling the special camo jersey. Not too sure about this one.

yeah..this was their home blue..everything was right except the trim and numbers were green..looked real sharp.

Farhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN 1h

Kassian's injury is back tightness. Same as what he's dealt with previously. #Canucks chosing to be cautious with plenty of healthy bodies

I was fearing it might be what the disturbers and trolls were saying; a WD diagnosed "injury". It just doesn't make sense not to play Kassian in this game. He was needed out there.

The refs were letting the Broadstreet Bullies get away with a mugging. A Sedin was pushed down behind the net and punched in the face in front of a ref. Dorsett was taking a beating out there. Tanev could have been injured again with a trip right into the boards.

Burrows of all players threw a wrench in their game management plan of keeping the Flyers in it. For him they'll be payback next game he plays when any of them are officiating.

Guys....you know I love you all....I just want to see the Canucks get deep this year.

Deb...you know that a Flames/Canucks matchup would be bad news.....I know the Kings would be a death sentence, but if that means Calgary misses the playoffs I would accept that.

ABC....anyone but Calgary...

Guys....you know I love you all....I just want to see the Canucks get deep this year.

Deb...you know that a Flames/Canucks matchup would be bad news.....I know the Kings would be a death sentence, but if that means Calgary misses the playoffs I would accept that.

ABC....anyone but Calgary...

The flames remind me of the young chicago team in 08/09. A ton of speed like the hawks had back then, a great top defense pairing in Gio and Brodie. And lets not forget that they have won their last two games against us after losing the previous nine.

Either way I really don't see us doing well with these matchups. With the Kings there is like a 99.9% chance we lose and with the flames they are very fast collectively and our defense would have a tough time containing them.

I take Calgary over the Kings though, cause with them the series can go either way. With the Kings, it's a instant loss.

Good win. Gave up too many chances but generated as many. I guess that happens when you play a team like Flyers.

Few comments:

1. Richardson has been good but his line was dismal today, often seen trapped in the defensive zone.

2. We have two great options for Sedins in Burrows and Kassian. No matter who we play in the playoffs or in the remaining regular season games, I think switching up Burrows and Kassian on the first line depending on the opponent and the situation will be very useful.

3. I still think Matthias' game does not fit Bonino and Vrbata's game and that we need someone else on the second line. Matthias is more of a counter attack type to get the puck up quick, crash the net and score. Vrbata and Bonino are more of a control and flow type players, that likes to pass around to set up for a shot.

Conclusion:

Put Higgins with Bonino and Vrbata. Higgins' board work can be useful for keeping the puck alive in the offensive zone.

When we have Burr with Sedins, get Kassian and Matthias on Richardson's wing.

When we have Kass with Sedins, put Burrows and Matthias on Richardson's wing.

Side note:

I had my doubts about Kenins but the guy is golden with Horvat and Hansen. I hate to say it but when we are fully healthy, I would scratch Dorsett in favour of Kenins. I have a lot of respect for Dorsett but no one should mess with the chemistry for that line.

Archived