The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

The flames remind me of the young chicago team in 08/09. A ton of speed like the hawks had back then, a great top defense pairing in Gio and Brodie. And lets not forget that they have won their last two games against us after losing the previous nine.

Either way I really don't see us doing well with these matchups. With the Kings there is like a 99.9% chance we lose and with the flames they are very fast collectively and our defense would have a tough time containing them.

I take Calgary over the Kings though, cause with them the series can go either way. With the Kings, it's a instant loss.

Thing about it is.... If we draw LA and compete... Get 'stand on your head' goaltending we may just have a chance 'a la' Calgary 94 series. In my view its a win win situation. We will be major underdogs, if we lose it would be expected. All the pressures on LA. They just won the cup... and I don't think they're as hungry as they have been.

Calgary on the other hand IS hungry and young... We would be slight favorites or even. If we lost to them that would be a more a disappointment then losing to LA.... just my 2¢.

Think the injury streak was good for team depth.

Vancouver Canucks Scratches for today

Adam Clendening

Frank Corrado

Zack Kassian

Brandon McMillan

Ryan Stanton

Linden Vey

can someone please explain how we can have so many players up i thought the max is 23 or are a few of these guys on injury list mysteriously

Guys....you know I love you all....I just want to see the Canucks get deep this year.

Deb...you know that a Flames/Canucks matchup would be bad news.....I know the Kings would be a death sentence, but if that means Calgary misses the playoffs I would accept that.

ABC....anyone but Calgary...

If you want to see Van go deep in the playoffs then you don't want them to play LA rnd 1

I was fearing it might be what the disturbers and trolls were saying; a WD diagnosed "injury". It just doesn't make sense not to play Kassian in this game. He was needed out there.

The refs were letting the Broadstreet Bullies get away with a mugging. A Sedin was pushed down behind the net and punched in the face in front of a ref. Dorsett was taking a beating out there. Tanev could have been injured again with a trip right into the boards.

Burrows of all players threw a wrench in their game management plan of keeping the Flyers in it. For him they'll be payback next game he plays when any of them are officiating.

Wow. Do you really go through life believing this kind of stuff?

someone explain how we can have some many players up did they change the rules we have like 5-6 guys in pressbox

As long as you're cap compliant there is no max roster after the trade deadline. You also have a limited number of callups post deadline and the nucks have used them all... Meaning of we send any down they can't come back (barring emergency callups, which can't be used while another healthy body sits).

Archived