The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are your three on three players?

MajorPenalty

Most important things a trio need in 3-on-3 is speed, clear shooting ability (not going to be much screen in front of goalies) or good lateral passing, defence from forwards, defencemen jumping up in the rush and faceoffs to retain possession, that will nearly be impossible to steal back.

1) Horvat - Hansen - Hamhuis

Veteran Hamhuis is the leader of the trio, Horvat is our best faceoff man and a pretty good passer, and Hansen's the fastest Canuck so his speed is essential in 3-on-3 play.

2) Sedin - Sedin - Edler

An obvious choice but I don't think they'll do well 3-on-3, as passing isn't as effective and none of the 3 are real good shooters any more. Hopefully Daniel or Edler can become better at shooting the puck (they have of late).

3) Bonino - Vbrata - Tanev

Vbrata's the obvious shooter, Bonino the passer but both have wicked wrist shots

4) Richardson - Higgins - Bieksa

5) Matthias - Kenins - Sbisa

My only worry with the Sedins is if they give up the puck against fast opponents, it will then be a 3 on 1 the other way.

Daniel has more ot goals than everybody else on the team combined this season. He has 13 ot winners in his career with 3 of them coming this season. He has 71 career gwg. Second for the franchise is Naslund with 49. Not putting the Sedins out would be foolish to say the least.

Curious. Anyone know how a PP would work in this situation?

3 on 2, or 4 on 3? or 3 on 3 with the penalized player in the box not being able to participate in OT.

4 on 3. You need a min of 3 players. I had the opportunity to have seen 3 0n 3 in OT in the regular season in the BCHL. They go 4 0n 4 for 5 mins and if its not settle then they go 3 on 3 for 5 mins. It has great entertainment and less chances of a game ending in a tie. Can't figure out why the NHL is having a problem with this other then Bettman having no imagination.

I would be curious about trying 3 forwards on 1 pair like Sedin Sedin Vrbata/ Burrows.

It would be a risk but worth a shot. That would increase the value of players who can swap between forward and defense like Burns or Byfuglien.

Or defense who are keenly offensive like Ehrhoff.

Brandon Reid

Tommi Santala

Dana Murzyn.

Gino odjic

Dave "Tiger" Williams

raffi Torres

Pummel the opposition then score!

EVERYBODY!

"Oh! The good old hockey game,

Is the best game you can name.

And theBest game you can name

Is the good old hockey game. "