The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WD (+ AV) among 5 coaches worthy of Jack Adams

TheRussianRocket.

I'm not a flames fan but if anyone wins it but Hartley it's a joke.

Anyone with half a brain could have predicted Vancouver being second in their division ... Elite talent through out the lineup.

Calgary on the other hand came out of nowhere.

I agree on Calgary... But elite talent throughout the lineup?

WD gets no votes for coach of the year. Laviolette and Cooper are the runaways with AV sliding into 3rd and pack of Capuano, Hitchcock, Therrien and possibly Boudreau. Homerism gives WD coach of the year. Vancouver ranks 13th in the league in points and could still easily miss the playoffs.

He has done a good job, but no where near Adams level.

Laviolette deserves it hands-down. That Predators team was woeful last season and now they're a Cup contender over-night after firing their only head coach in franchise history. Sure they've been on a rough slide these last few games but they'll finish the season strong. He turned a lot of fringe NHLers and young kids into stars.

No doubt. He has been good. But keep it real.

He has ensured that a team that had an awful year last year, is closer to playing to its potential.

They are a bit above average this year when compared to the rest of the teams.

What has also helped is that more depth has been acquired.

The team actually has a 4th line this year; last year there really was not one.

Bo has come on and established himself; Willie's initial impression was that he did not want him on the team.

He has done a good job developing the younger talent.

I do not see coach of the year awarded for this performance.

If he gets the team to take another good step up next year, then i think he can be considered.

Guest Dasein

wtf

how does Barry Trotz not get any love?

as many mentioned above, there are a lot of great coaches who deserve recognition this year though, so there will be a lot of deserving names who will not be named finalists

Willie's beens good but he's made some rookie mistakes also. No way he wins it.

You were probably one of the guys that hounded AV on here too, no doubt.

Rookie mistakes, my ass, he has taken a team from the pits of despair (the core having been denigrated and called "stale" by the great gobmeister who is Tortorella) and nursed them through more injuries than any team has a right to endure, to a place where the playoffs are a distinct possibility.

Every coach makes mistakes rookie or otherwise. It's not the mistakes that hurt you it is how you overcome them and Willie, his coaches and the players, have always bounced back which is probably the biggest standout feature of the season for me

If the award was to take in all these factors and given a playoff place and a decent run then Willie should get it imo. AV got it on less and with arguably a better team.

Archived