The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pray hard that Calgary retakes and remains on the third spot in the division

bigmamadcc

No screw the Flames, a couple of things I want to tell you about Flames and their fans.

1. Bob Hartley is annoying

2. If flames beat us you will not hear the end of it. They still hold a rivalry with us over freaking 2004.

3. Beating Calgary or beating LA? which will have a bigger momentum push

4. Calgary has a annoying announcer and goal horn.

5. I don't want to see the sea of red

6. Kelly Hrudy won't shut u

7. Emo kid fanbase. trust me on this one saw it and witnessed it in person in 2004.

I rather lose to LA then lose to Calgary.

Still a far more advantageous circumstance than facing LA. They're not a team you'd wanna mess with in the playoffs. And just as you mentioned, Sedins will have much more room against Calgary to move the puck and cycle down low and that's a pretty big component to our offensive game.

Yup, the ROW situation plus the fact that 8/13 of LA's remaining games are vs playoff teams, while only 4/12 of Calgary's are, gives Calgary a pretty big advantage, although they'll still have to play well..

Ya but 2/8 are against us. And lets face it... LA takes both.

I hope im wrong and im not saying we cant pull it off. But if i was a betting man all my money would be on LA.

If LA loses to Anaheim tonight, (which is highly likely) Calgary will be 3rd in the Pacific again.

Also, Calgary's schedule is so much easier than LA's. The Kings have their work cut out for them. Yes, Calgary lost 5-0 to St. Louis yesterday, but STL is one of the powerhouse teams in the league.

Calgary has been playing very well lately, not just LA. People are acting like it's a certainty that we'll be playing LA in the playoffs, but the truth is, they have some tough games ahead of them. They have a HARSH schedule.

If Calgary keeps on playing as well as they have, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Flames will finish top-3 in our division, and play us in the 1st round. They have been proving people wrong all season, and they're going to continue to do so.

Just watch.

Calgary has been bloody impressive - they really have no business winning without Giordano, who, if he completed the season, imo was the hands-down runaway for the Norris.

They've really beaten up on teams that can't sustain their efforts in the second half of hockey games.

Thankfully, Vancouver is a well-conditioned team, one that rolls four lines, with a lot of depth on the blueline as well. I'm not sure Calgary's bread and butter would be as effective against the Canucks as it has been in general - but it would probably be a great series - the last three matchups this year have been one goal games - the season series is 2-2, and the Canucks have a mere one goal edge.

LA winning hockey games is sacrilege. Horrible hockey market.

If Calgary keeps on playing as well as they have, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Flames will finish top-3 in our division, and play us in the 1st round. They have been proving people wrong all season, and they're going to continue to do so.

Just watch.

I sure hope you're right :lol:

I don't care who we match up with. Just make the playoffs, and do it soon. Don't want to be in a position where we have to win the last 2 or 3 games of the season. Especially against the Preds and Hawks.

Worst scenario: Nux remains second and Kings the third, Nux won't stand a chance against Kings in the first round playoff. So keep fingers crossed that Calgary makes a comeback.

Actually, worst case scenario is we finish 9th in the west.

I would sooner play the Kings and have the Flames miss. Hate the Flames and if we lose to them in the first round it will suck to live out here. Also, we would be underdogs against the Kings and frankly, making the playoffs alone is more than I thought we would do this year

Archived