The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014-15 OHL Coaches Poll Winners

elvis15

And scratch that, here's a link to the WHL coaches poll:

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Poll+position+Coaches+players+cast+votes+best+Eastern+Conference/10905355/story.html

Virtanen was:

• 7th with 6 votes in the best player category
  • 1st with 56 votes in the best shot category
  • 9th (tied) with 10 votes in the most irritating player category
  • 3rd with 21 votes in the best drafted player category

EDIT: Someone else can make a thread for the whole list if they want. The formatting on this one was bad enough, and the WHL article is worse!

And scratch that, here's a link to the WHL coaches poll:

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Poll+position+Coaches+players+cast+votes+best+Eastern+Conference/10905355/story.html

Virtanen was:

• 7th with 6 votes in the best player category
  • 1st with 56 votes in the best shot category
  • 9th (tied) with 10 votes in the most irritating player category
  • 3rd with 21 votes in the best drafted player category
EDIT: Someone else can make a thread for the whole list if they want. The formatting on this one was bad enough, and the WHL article is worse!

That's only for the Eastern Conference though..

What about McCann?

Seriously though Pettit getting some high praise.

Love that Cassels is all over that too, and Subban repping the O minded D-men

It is weird to see Petit getting mentions while McCann does not after the monster season McCann had despite missing games at the start of the season due to Mono. Since getting healthy he has been great. In the key categories he was up against some pretty good competition like McDavid, Marner and Strome. But I was surprised to see him not get mentioned for best defensive forward given that Petit did get mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

It was one player tied for third as most improved in the East. Just because they're a bad team they can't have any players that could be good?

Have you seen them play? I went to a few of their games this year and no one really stuck out. One of our only good players (Nick Baptiste) got traded mid way through, so there's that.

We had no real good player unlike years in the pass, like Marcus and Nick Foligno, Frankie Corrado, Eric O'dell, Sgarbossa, and Jared Staal...

Have you seen them play? I went to a few of their games this year and no one really stuck out. One of our only good players (Nick Baptiste) got traded mid way through, so there's that.

We had no real good player unlike years in the pass, like Marcus and Nick Foligno, Frankie Corrado, Eric O'dell, Sgarbossa, and Jared Staal...

No, but OHL coaches have, and I'd think their judgement is pretty reasonable. I'm not saying the Wolves aren't bad, I'm just saying that doesn't mean every single player on the team is so bad they would never have a chance at any of the categories.

Archived