The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dalai Lama Says He Might Not Reincarnate

nucklehead

Is anyone else laughing hysterically at China's comments?

Freedom and religious freedoms?

Mad because he is choosing to do what he wants when China has censored him at every turn and basically eats away at Tibet every chance they get?

My gods...no wonder he doesn't want to come back

The Dalai Lama fled China in 1959. No western Gov would have turned him away. After Chinas intervention in the Korean war from 1950 to 1954 I dont see how ties could have been any worse.

The "spiritual" leader of 1.2 billion human being's refused to to meet him last year and south africa refused him a visa as well.

Pope Francis refuses to meet Dalai Lama because of 'delicate situation' with China

Posted

13 Dec 2014, 9:23am

Pope Francis has refused to meet the Dalai Lama because of what the Vatican calls the "delicate situation" with China.

The exiled Tibetan leader is visiting Rome this weekend for a meeting of Nobel Peace Prize winners and had requested a meeting with the Pope.

"Pope Francis obviously holds the Dalai Lama in very high regard but he will not be meeting any of the Nobel laureates," the Vatican spokesman said, adding that the pontiff would be sending a video message to their conference.

The Vatican said that although Pope Francis holds him "in very high regard", the request had been declined "for obvious reasons".

Analysts believe the Vatican does not want to jeopardise efforts to improve relations with Beijing.

China and the Vatican are in dispute over which side should have the final say in the appointment of bishops.

China describes the Dalai Lama as a separatist and reacts angrily when foreign dignitaries meet him.

The Vatican has not had diplomatic relations with China since they were broken off by Mao in 1951.

It is now more than eight years since the Dalai Lama was last granted a papal audience by Francis's predecessor Benoit XVI in October 2006.

This weekend's meeting was initially to be held in South Africa but was moved to Rome after South Africa refused the Dalai Lama a visa.

I find this strange , this pope has talked about retiring and that is kinda of like what the DL is doing with his role.

I really admire the DL but just imagine a world with out religious leaders/hierachy ..........what a beautiful world that would be.

He can choose whether or not to reincarnate?

IIRC, in Buddhism (at least one version of it), after you die you are given the choice to reincarnate. You are shown a path where a lot of couples are doing stuff R-rated, and you choose which of those couples you want to be conceived from.

Archived