The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks switching jerseys?

VANcanucks92

Hell naw. We have some of the freshest Jerseys in the league. No need for a change. And if there is a change, there better not be a color change. The Blue and Green go too well together.

I love the colours, but the logo and the 'Vancouver' could totally go. On the home, at the very least.

The current one with the VANCOUVER is by far the best jersey we've had ever. And that coming from a guy that grew up loving the skate and the colors we had back then. Everything in between has been more or less ugly. I like having the stick & rink as our third, but the logo itself is uuuuuglyyy. Love, absolutely love the Millionaires jerseys btw and would absolutely love to see those more often.

-As others have suggested, get a stick in the rink jersey and you will be fine....even if they do a dramatic jersey change the stick in the rink will forever be Vancouver.

-I noticed them using the stick in the rink often this year too, in fact I kind of assumed they were just slowly transitioning away from the Orca.

-I am one of those who think the current jersey looks clunky and the orca and VANCOUVER are just too big, however please keep the colors. I like the idea of having something on the shirt that honors First Nations people, so create something that could go on the shoulder patch.I love hockey jerseys that are clean looking, and have on clear symbol in the middle, like the Habs, Bruins, Leafs etc. Stick in the rink accomplishes that.

-With Linden back, the skate should be brought back as a third alternate jersey

I'd be okay to go full time with stick and rink. Maybe use the current cartoony one for home and use the classic 40th anniversary one for away. I like simple logos because they seem to last longer and kids and draw them easily. All of the original 6 logos are simple and they haven't really made any drastic changes to them.

I grew up in the 90s, so I love the skate jersey, but it's kind of dated by today's standards. Would be cool to bring them back once or twice a season though.

You do all know why VANCOUVER is scrawled above the logo the way it is don't you? It's somewhat two-fold. Primarily it's an homage to the original Canucks jerseys before the team entered the NHL where they had CANUCKS in that format above the Johnny Canuck logo. It was also a bit of a shout out to the Vancouver Millionaires as well.

I had made these about a year ago now, just thought maybe I should put them here, they are Johnny Canuck based. Also would be up to going back to the Skate! Wasn't really around to watch them when they wore them, but have always been a favourite of mine!

those are pre' tyte, not the alternate tho' too much green

Archived