The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks switching jerseys?

VANcanucks92

2r6glsw.jpg

This jersey is tops imo. I'd make these the regulars and a Johnny Canuck variation the alternate. Not a huge orca fan myself, especially the current version with "Vancouver" written over the top.

On another note, damn the jerseys looked so much sicker before they switched to that weird tight material.

God, I hope not. I think these look awful. Too drab and dated looking. Don't change the current blue and green as they symbolize the west coast. Put the skate logo on the front, and stick in rink on the shoulders.

CanucksSkateJersey.jpg

Nailed it! Don't know if people were already discussing this, but I like it! It's a combination of existing designs (ie designs and colours). We want to keep our traditions and not replace them with completely new designs.

I had made these about a year ago now, just thought maybe I should put them here, they are Johnny Canuck based. Also would be up to going back to the Skate! Wasn't really around to watch them when they wore them, but have always been a favourite of mine!

Those look great, well done !

CanucksSkateJersey.jpg

I would buy both in a heartbeat. The one slight change I would make is have the skating Johnny Canuck on the right shoulder while keeping the Stick 'n Rink on the left.

And for the record, the Streaking Skate is not "downhill". It's "speeding" and when a player is speeding, his toes point downward. We don't want the team to be "on their heels", right?

Can we please just stick with a jersey and logo? I swear we have the biggest identity crisis.in the league in terms of jersey styles and logos. In fact, is there really any other team in the league who have changed their colours completely along with the logo?

Hate the skate logo. The skate is headed downhill.

Also don't like the whale, which no longer has anything to do with the organization.

Still wish they'd dust off a version of the old WHL Johnny Canuck logo, but won't happen in my lifetime.

Archived