The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 feature wishlist

Kaner

I also hate how in BAP when I make a big hit I drop the gloves immediately even when my fighting is on rarely... I hate how when I'm in OT and I crush Kesler at the blue line I chuck the gloves and fight some scrub.

Yeah the auto-fighting is just dumb. My best forwards almost always play physical and when they throw huge hits I don't want them to be the ones fighting.

Jeez, where to start? NHL15 was the first game I didn't buy in the series, as I was absolutely fed up with EA dogging over the last 10 years. The gameplay has never been an issue, and since NHL10, have been tweaking are near perfect on-ice product. Which is all fine. But when the GM Mode and BAP Mode is 6+ years behind every other major sports game (FIFA, NBA2K, The Show), then there are some major issues.

Nobody is asking EA to reinvent the wheel on those modes. They have the template from other games, so even if they phoned it in and did a "copy/paste" from those games, nobody would complain right now. Now, I can't speak for NHL15 (which I heard was a step back actual in those modes), but in the GM Mode, you couldn't:

- Re-sign players in the last year of their contract

- Retire numbers yourself

- Hand out NTC, NMCs

- Have a morale meter if a player isn't getting playing time, which impacts dressing room; requesting trade, etc

- Have arena with empty seats if team has a bad record

- Have individual workouts in BAP/GM Mode

- Conduct interviews on draft prospects

- Draft day done like NBA2K

- Interviews with players in dressing room before/after game

- Interviews with coaches

- Set ticket prices

- Etc

- Etc

- Etc

- Etc

There is so much that needs to be fixed with the NHL series. I think it's safe to assume that the "wishlist" is pretty much EA saying to themselves "Alright, so let's pretend we are making a hockey game for the first time. What should we add?" Whatever they come up with is probably not in their game right now.

I really hope they make this a good game. I haven't bought an NHL game since 13. I really wanted to buy 15 but Be a GM was a joke and they completely axed Live the Life.

So fix Be A GM and bring back Live the Life. That's all I want.

I really hope they make this a good game. I haven't bought an NHL game since 13. I really wanted to buy 15 but Be a GM was a joke and they completely axed Live the Life.

So fix Be A GM and bring back Live the Life. That's all I want.

Problem is they'll bring it back to what they left it at in NHL14 and call it "New".

I don't get how difficult it is to put east side with the nhl series. The depth of east side and the gameplay of nhl would make the best be a gm mode ever.

It's pretty sad that an old 2K game is more in depth than EA's current one.

As for first person view, I'd love that to be the only view allowed for EASHL/OTP. Not just one first person view, but maybe a few so that there are still some options. It'd be fun and create a much more challenging game other than just glitching. I wouldn't mind goalies having a similar view to what they have now, but definitely need more control as the goalie (be able to look left and/or right so that there aren't glaring blindspots.

- GM Mode with Hire/Fire Coaches (with real ones)

- Goalie fights back (unless it is still in the game, but with the amount I have played I haven't had a single one)

- Full Team Practice Mode back

- Fixed Stats in Be a GM. Half the games I play they say my players have 0s across the board. When player X scores, I want it to say 15th of the year, not 1st every time.

- Fixed Trading Menu in BGM. So difficult and slow to maneuver.

- Fix the glitch where when I try to pass too many times at the blue line, it shoots the puck all the way back to my goalie.

- GM Connected

- Offline Shootout Mode

Hmm I'd go...

Be A GM:

Coach hiring/firing

Fantasy Draft

Bring back the AHL

Can't think of all the GM Mode problems right now but there's a bunch. They need to look at NBA 2k15 to learn how to do a franchise mode like that.

Be A Pro:

Honestly I thought the mode was pretty decent for NHL 14 on ps3. I've played it a bit on NHL 15 for ps4 now but there's not really any features, it's pretty bare-bones. If they could even get back to that NHl 14 old-gen level that would help.

OTP:

Where to even begin...OTP is something else.

That's about all the game modes I play.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/7/6117493/nhl-15-missing-features-xbox-one-ps4

That's just one of many articles on the topic too.

Better AI

Better goaltending / less glitch goals

EASHL

Being able to enter an OTP lobby with friends

An improved Live the Life mode

Skills Competition

Better / faster menus

It's weird how that despite being the most popular and widely played game in the series, EA doesn't spend as much of its resources available on the BaGM mode. The basic model of marketing is to give the people what they want (because that's what they'll pay to get). Yet lately I've noticed a trend amongst marketing firms to advise their clients to force feed the buying public what they percieve is most profitable (remember the K-car...pile of crap actually saved Chrysler) rather than what they want...in other words, tell the people what they need to buy as opposed to listening to what they say they want to buy. EA has a ton of threads about how to improve their game, but they rarely listen...they just want us to FEEL like they're listening to us (much the same as every other business nowadays with their BS "customer service surveys"...they're not listening and they really don't care...it's just an obvious bullcrap marketing scam. End rant.

OK EA you "really" listening?

- work on BaGM mode. Separate BaGM from BaCoach...GM's are not coaches and coaches are not GM's...2 different jobs. Give the user the choice to be a GM or to be a GM & coach. If the player chooses to be only the GM then put in a hire a coach mode and adjust player attributes based on the coaching team assembled. I know ya'll can do it...you can do it in HUT, so why not in BaGM? OK so now you're the GM...NO PLAYER SLIDES THROUGH WAIVERS WITHOUT YOUR SAY-SO!!! I have been fighting for this for a few years now. Again the technology is already loaded in the game (if you are in control of your lines then the system will send up a warning before you send someone down, that they could be lost to waivers). It's simple, players NEVER get sent down (and risk being cherry-picked) unless the GM says so...NEVER! Yet this game allows it to happen when you set the mode to only want to be the GM (and not the coach, setting lines etc). Again the GM decides if players are sent down NOT the coach...it's a REAL EASY FIX...why not fix it? Lazy or stupid? End rant.

Plenty of other fixes needed...AI is terrible at making real game time decisions. Sad part is, somebody had to actually program those bad decisions into the game. My father taught me that there's 2 ways to do things, the right way and the wrong way. Stupidity is choosing the wrong way when you know the right way. All I ask is make it more realistic. NHL players don't peel off to the bench to make a change when it's a 2 on 1. Players rarely if ever pass the puck to an open wing when there's an easy open player to pass to. And seriously, does the underdog ALWAYS have to win the cup? I know it's weird to say this, but sometimes, just sometimes, the better team actually wins the cup! And what's with the injury model? Way unrealistic. If you trade for a stud (player or goalie) at the TD, you can be almost guaranteed that he will get injured for the playoffs. I could go on but...end rant.

Just wondering, anyone here ever get a chance to play ESPN NHL 2K5? Hands down easssssily in my top 5 for NHL games ever made.

ESPN_NHL_2K5_Coverart.png

I was never a NHL 2K guy but for whatever reason this was the only 2K NHL (and the one with Kesler on it) that I got and man, I can't even begin to tell you how entertaining it was!

GOAT game modes ever made, ever :excl::excl: So many fun things you could do. Party mode was the best addition ever and sad EA has never done something like this of that magnitude as they did in ESPN NHL 2K5. The numerous mini-games, king of the rink, challenges - r8 8/8 m8. Had boxes and shiet and everything moving side to side, up and down in-n-out of the ice to get in your way. And not to mention FFA was memorable in this game.

Fighting was legendary, hits were out of the world, and "dream team" mode was killer as well! Commentary was awesome too....man, I miss the days when games were as great as this. Luckily for me however, I still have my Sega/PS/Nintendo's and never sold em....still have a copy of this beaut game and the console n erything B)

Archived