The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 16 feature wishlist

Kaner

I haven't bought an NHL game since '13 but I always wished Be A GM mode had an expansion draft. I always wanted to make a Seattle team and it would be fun to put it together that way. Then to balance the conferences out the AI could put in another expansion team and there could be a goal to win the cup before the other.

I haven't bought an NHL game since '13 but I always wished Be A GM mode had an expansion draft. I always wanted to make a Seattle team and it would be fun to put it together that way. Then to balance the conferences out the AI could put in another expansion team and there could be a goal to win the cup before the other.

That's one of the things that I've wanted for awhile as well.

The only option they give you is to create a team yourself but you have to remove those players from other teams, and also you have to substitute your created team in for one of the NHL ones which is stupid. You can't even create $&!# on the PS4/One either.

Makes me wonder what features will be on NHL 16, and how many things from the PS3/360 versions will be back in PS4/One version.

Allow world juniors and Olympics in game modes like be a pro and be a gm. It would be cool to see what the teams look like in 2028, they can use the same sort of system they used for the allstar game.

One of the most important things for me though is: ADDING THE BLOCKED SHOTS STAT. Blocking shots is an extremely important stat in today's nhl and it would be nice to know which of my players is doing it the most frequently. Especially when I feel like one guy has blocked an insane amount of shots, I want to see the exact stat.

Make be a pro go back to the way it was in 2014. But make the interviews and office interactions more important and more interesting. Also make it so if I am simulating a be a pro and have 100s in all categories and I'm getting a point per game make it so I don't get sent down.

Add ahl back to gm mode, and let us see the CHL stats and stuff when we are drafting.

I wish that getting in front of the shot counted as a blocked shot when you don't use L1/LB.

All the time when I skate into the lane when the D is shooting from the point, the commentator goes, "ACCIDENTALLY BLOCKED" and it wasn't an accident at all. Seems like it only counts as a "block" if you use L1/LB. Most of the time if a shot is from the point though, I don't want to use L1/LB because a lot of the time it'll lay my guy on the ice and the puck will just go over him.

I wish that getting in front of the shot counted as a blocked shot when you don't use L1/LB.

All the time when I skate into the lane when the D is shooting from the point, the commentator goes, "ACCIDENTALLY BLOCKED" and it wasn't an accident at all. Seems like it only counts as a "block" if you use L1/LB. Most of the time if a shot is from the point though, I don't want to use L1/LB because a lot of the time it'll lay my guy on the ice and the puck will just go over him.

I think how you block is dependent on the direction you are pressing when you hit the block button.

NHL 15 was so devoid of substance, it really pissed me off. It's the best hockey series overall, but I hate EA with a passion.

They employed Anita Sarkeesian. ..more than enough to enrage me all on its own. Pure crap.

not crazy about the nbc broadcasting, not to mention it's the same every time you play a game

How has it been? Wasn't it supposed to be some revamped system where games are supposed to feel unique to each other? I think they picked a great broadcast team but I have been intrigued to hear how its all players out

NHL 15 was so devoid of substance, it really pissed me off. It's the best hockey series overall, but I hate EA with a passion.

They employed Anita Sarkeesian. ..more than enough to enrage me all on its own. Pure crap.

Here come the Gamergaters...

Here come the Gamergaters...

My issues with EA and their stupid policies predate gamer gate by many years. She's just the cherry on the crap sundae.

I could do a 20 minute rant on their broken Origin service on its own, the list of infuriating practices employed by EA over the years dwarf a few corrupt gaming journalists like the Sun consumes a grain of rice.

I was at the EA testing for NHL 16 last night, and it was a solid improvement of NHL 15, but they made us play GM mode most of the time. GM mode was much better, but nothing that'll blow your socks off.

How has it been? Wasn't it supposed to be some revamped system where games are supposed to feel unique to each other? I think they picked a great broadcast team but I have been intrigued to hear how its all players out

I don't mind the broadcast team, but being their first year doing play by play: you hear the same quotes over and over again. I also don't think that it has that feel as if you're watching a hockey game either, rather NBC stamping their logo on everything.

Anything would be better. They can't top the heap of crap that was 15. Bring back Live the Life, EASHL, and everything that made the game awesome, and fix HUT. Division 1 is so broken. You can coast till Div 1, then the game will do everything to make you lose. Fix the skating. John Scott is the same speed as Crosby FFS. Just fix everything.

I know I'm in the minority here, as most people here (and gamers in general) play online multiplayer, but I'd most like to see improvements in the offline aspects of the game and game modes, name BaGM. NHL 15 sucked for me, having no fantasy draft, and was overall a very forgettable gaming experience. I also want them to sharply improve the Create a Team function. I have a gamecube and was playing NHL 06 last night and noticed the default logos are the same as in NHL 15. Ten years is ridiculous! Give us a creator like the one used in Forza games, and you'll see crazy awesome custom teams.

Archived