The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

moves id like to go back in time and change (discussion)

So we traded garrison for a second rounder then flipped pick for a soft vey this was a horrible trade guy scores is a ok dman best plus minus in league. cdc always has such good things to say about tanev and hamhuis who arent much in terms of offense or physicality. Hamhuis earns 4.5 mill a yr has zero goals all yr i see this as a major problem while tanev reportely wants 5 mill a yr i really hope benning trades these guys we need a dman that has aoint shot that gets through to the net other than edlers not soft dmen that dont punish teams in front of net or hit anyone

trade tanev and markstrom for a young top six forward (couturier, lindholm,)

trade hamhuis and higgins to isles for a draft pick and ryan putlock

trade vey and hansen for picks

trade bonino and stanton for zadorov or pouliot

in all reality this team has no powerplay or offense from d and lazy sloppy plays its amazung that we are even close to squeaking into playoffs if not for lack horvat kass and kenins wed be below dallas am i wrong?

I think the Garrison move was great. It had to be done to get rid of MG's overspending on redundant defenceman and the fact that all the others were there first.

Signing Burrows and Edler at the same time was a huge mistake.

Not trading Lou immediately after his statements and before the lockout probably the biggest.

If I could go back in time I would wait until march madness ends, then go back in time and predict the bracket perfectly, after that I would buy the canucks. I would then go on CDC and let people be mangers/coaches and watch as they embarrass themselves.

i misread the title as Movies i'd like to go back in time to change and came in to say Casting Lindsay Lohan instead of Kirsten Dunst for the part of Mary Jane Watson in the 2002 film Spiderman.

Haha I also misread the title of the thread and came in to suggest changing the first of the new Star Wars movies to have Jar Jar Binks killed out in the first 10 minutes.

Not hiring Ron Delorme.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/5/27/ron-delorme-and-the-canucks-v-the-29-other-scouting-departments

Oh how different the team would look...

Yeah, the Canucks would have drafted a lot of WHL guys in the first round rather than the guys which they did pick. Let's look at the first WHL taken after the Canucks pick in the following years:

2008 Beach rather than Hodgson

2009 Ashton rather than Schroeder

2010 no pick but thy could have taken Howden!

2011 Musil rather than Jensen

2012 Samuelsson rather than Gaunce

2013 Morrissey and Theodore rather than Horvat and Shinkaruk

2014 Fleury rather than Virtanen

regards,

G.

So we traded garrison for a second rounder then flipped pick for a soft vey this was a horrible trade guy scores is a ok dman best plus minus in league. cdc always has such good things to say about tanev and hamhuis who arent much in terms of offense or physicality. Hamhuis earns 4.5 mill a yr has zero goals all yr i see this as a major problem while tanev reportely wants 5 mill a yr i really hope benning trades these guys we need a dman that has aoint shot that gets through to the net other than edlers not soft dmen that dont punish teams in front of net or hit anyone

trade tanev and markstrom for a young top six forward (couturier, lindholm,)

trade hamhuis and higgins to isles for a draft pick and ryan putlock

trade vey and hansen for picks

trade bonino and stanton for zadorov or pouliot

in all reality this team has no powerplay or offense from d and lazy sloppy plays its amazung that we are even close to squeaking into playoffs if not for lack horvat kass and kenins wed be below dallas am i wrong?

Not intending to rain on this parade, however, I look at your trades and I think:

1.) Tanev, Markstrom and...? I don't see this as being enough, even though Tanev is a very good d-man. I think I just wouldn't trade him in the first place and see how the guys who the Canucks have drafted work out.

2.) Why would the Isles trade Pulock for one year of Hamhuis (meaning next season) and two years of Higgins? And I haven't seen anything about Hamhuis saying he has an urge to play in New York.

3.) The Canucks probably wouldn't get enough of a return for Vey to make it worth their while, unless it was something like the 31st pick in this year's draft. I think he's going to become a good player, but his value isn't as high as it could become.

Hansen before the trade deadline was worth more than Hansen after this season. Also, assuming he submits a list of teams to which he would accept a trade, there isn't anything that says he would put teams on that list to which the Canucks could get a really good return, assuming that they even wanted Hansen in the first place. :)

4.) Bonino, Stanton and...? No where near enough in value (imo).

regards,

G.

Archived