The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Captain in Canucks History

thejazz97

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apollo, anytime this topic is being discussed, you get weirdly protective when it comes to Henrik.

Just because some of us prefer Linden, doesn't mean that we don't appreciate Henrik for all that he's done. As for that "Canadian kid" argument, come on… Don't back up an opinion of yours by spewing obvious BS verbal diarrhoea.

You're entitled to your opinion, as are we. So stop getting ultra obsessive anytime somebody thinks that Linden was a better captain than Sedin is now. Is that side of the argument really even that hard for you to conceive anyways? If so, you gotta broaden your lenses and not be so freakin' ignorant.

Everyone's different. We're not criminals if our thinking isn't on the exact same page as yours. I'll help you out by posing an example; you think that the Canucks are elite, but some (most) of us don't think that the Canucks are elite. See? See? It's fun to take all factors into account, and to at the very least try your best to see things from other peoples perspectives!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that anyone who doesn't vote for Linden or Smyl was born after 1985.

Not that I blame them - it would be hard to vote for people you haven't seen them play.

However, take note that most of the older posters on here who actually have seen them play would not vote for anyone but Linden or Smyl (I would personally say Linden, but it's close).

I was

still voted for Linden

I was 6 years old during the 1994 cup run, but still remember it and how much of a beast Linden was

They all did great things and all had great moments. I think there is no best CAPTAIN and I agree with the first part of Smithers Joe comment about not experiencing all the captains.

I didn't even see Stan Smyl play at all and I was studying for much of Trevors captaincy and the person that I saw most was Nazzy and I loved him as captain. For that reason I did not vote.

not enough members here have experienced all the captains, so it becomes their favorite captain....
i've seen them all and my pick would be the steamer....

Naslund was great, but always choked when it mattered. For me, it's Linden just over Hank. Trev regularly put the team on his shoulders, was amazing off ice, and a true leader. There will never be another captain like Trev.

Hank has put the team on his back many times.

linden was our best captain, henrik is our best point getter but hes not really a step up and win a game even though hes got a broken arm kinda guy that linden was plus trevor hit people through glass thats badass nowadays the nhl is played by soft hipsters that wanna get in touch with their feelings lol

I have to admit that I like them all, except for 1997-2000 era, when I feel the heart and sole of the team was lost. I respect Nazzy for doing what he was asked to do without complaining the last few years of his captaincy, a scorer asked to be a more defensive style player. Smyl was all heart every single night. Kurtenbach was respected and tough. They all were great leaders with different qualities. If I had to pick one, it would be Smyl just cause that was when cardiac kids went through the dry times but still gave an effort and when they lost (which they did a lot of), we knew they left it all on the ice each night.

Did you read the thread title? Go do that and come back please.

The point was is that despite how maligned he was and is in Vancouver, he is widely respected as a captain. Sorry that was too subtle for you. Honestly, why do you feel you need to be a complete donkey pit on something as innocuous as this?

Hank has put the team on his back many times.

Oh I know. I still very much remember the Sharks series of 2011. Henrik is a close second to Linden. Trev was the heart and soul of this team for so long, it's hard to top him. Scoring 2 goals in game 7 on cracked ribs was amazing.

The point was is that despite how maligned he was and is in Vancouver, he is widely respected as a captain. Sorry that was too subtle for you. Honestly, why do you feel you need to be a complete donkey pit on something as innocuous as this?

Yeah he was. So what?

Sorry for being a jerk, BTW

Yeah he was. So what?

Sorry for being a jerk, BTW

No problem - just cranky today I guess. i just find it weird that as amazing as people outside of Vancouver think The Nameless One was, he as a complete disaster here. I loved the crowd's reaction to the Messier ad at the heritage Classic.

edit: I can't remember which game I was at but I remember watching him float between the bluelines and just yelling at him to at least pretend to try. Sad.

BTW, my vote was for Stan, but it is pretty hard to compare players across eras.

Archived