The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buying "open box tablet" off CL advice?

Sly_Paragon

pfft..

You're honestly comparing that piece of dog poo Tab 4 to an iPad Air 2.. really?

I only like Android on mobile devices like the Nexus 5 other than that its not visually appealing on much larger screens like tablets etc..

iOS on the other hand looks better on larger screens i.e. iPad.

Meh, I personally don't find anything about ios appealing. In fact apple products are just a giant pita, nothing works properly, because of all their proprietary junk, and it's all super overpriced crap. Ipad's are kinda just a flimsy, shiny pos in my opinion.

Well since this has descended into a Apple /Google fanboy peeing contest heres the alternative: go grab a 8" windows 8.1 tab for $150 new at any big box retailer. They are practically giving them away while people cant figure out if they should get the 750 or 800 dollar iPad.

If you're going to act you know something at least be factual...

iPads don't retail for $750 or even $800 dollars unless you want the 3g cellular enabled ones or higher capacity like 128 gb....

For most people the 16 gb is fine.

I got my iPad Air 2 for $480 essentially brand new (three weeks old) with warranty..

Also who would want a redundant windows 8.1 tablet when the next version of Windows is coming out soon..

Might as well just buy an Android tablet instead if you're on a budget.

Thanks for making my point.

If you want quality you gotta shell out the cash.. if you want crap well you know the rest.

Those Windows tablets have piss poor quality and specs and on top of that they will be redundant in about a year once the new Windows OS comes out.. Hence the low price tag.

Also before you even try to argue about markup here how much it costs to make one iPad:

iPad Air 2 costs Apple $275 to build as profit margins shrink

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2378341/ipad-air-2-costs-apple-usd275-to-build-as-profit-margins-shrink

It really depends on the spread between the price of a new tablet and the price seller is willing to let it for. If the seller is insisting on $300 you might as will buy it new. I would ask the seller if he can sell it for $200. $250 is too much for a used item.

If you want quality you gotta shell out the cash.. if you want crap well you know the rest.

Those Windows tablets have piss poor quality and specs and on top of that they will be redundant in about a year once the new Windows OS comes out.. Hence the low price tag.

Also before you even try to argue about markup here how much it costs to make one iPad:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2378341/ipad-air-2-costs-apple-usd275-to-build-as-profit-margins-shrink

Lol. If you want quality you buy anything but apple. You buy apple for the shiny sticker on the back, and so everyone knows you enjoy blowing money down for $&!#ter.

Depends on your needs. Personally as I consider iTunes to be a virus I would always take an Android device over any Apple product.

I feel sorry for you. Personally I would respect you more if you just said "I'm not a fan of apple" sorry blah blah blah move on instead of making up a retarded excuse such as

Personally as I consider iTunes to be a virus

the irony is android is full of virus and malware.

anyways have fun with your android.

personal oppinon as I use to work at NCIX, I don't recomment a android tablet, return rate is relatively high, resell value is not there, and warranty is not convient.

android tablets generally might be good for 10 months, after that performance starts to fade. Updates are not frequent, and even if an update happens it might not be perfect and it wont be fixed.

to be honest, I do not recommend at all buying a android tablet of CL. If you really want one, get a brand new one.

Ask why he's selling it?

If he stumbles for an answer, it could be problematic.

Personally, it should be at a significant savings from a new/store bought model where you at least have some form of recourse if there are issues. Once you walk away with this, all problems that may be associated with it become yours. Plus, make sure it wasn't stolen?? That wouldn't be cool.

For some things - sure. But just unclear on why someone would be selling it so that would be your first line of questioning. Good luck.

they will be redundant in about a year once the new Windows OS comes out.. Hence the low price tag.

Yes, when the next version of windows comes out every tablet running win 8 will self destruct....

Do you run out and buy every new version of the iPhone? Youd have to, since once the 5 came out the 4 was redundant. Gets expensive but whatcanyado.

Sorry but the only thing Apple is the best at is being a giant shiny pos.

It depends on your personal preference.

I used to be a PC user but switched over to iMac and MacBook, haven't looked back since. I personally find Apple products to be far superior when compared to other companies products. I've also always been an iPhone user, after trying out Android phones I didn't really like it. Also had a Samsung Galaxy Tab and found it to be so much worse than an iPad.

The Surface Tablet though is pretty solid, not a bad buy in my opinion.

Apple is simply the best, everything else is inferior.

And thus continues Apples money making machine with ridiculously overpriced items. There are ultrabooks that crush Macbooks in benchmark after benchmark at half the price but none of that matters. Its like a cult. everything is taken on faith.

Archived