The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2014/15 Entrance Music/Do you want to see U2's 'Streets' used in the playoffs this year?

CanucksFan95

As a few have said, this song is not about the lyrics, its about the music itself. It is one of the better build up intro's in music. It is almost an epic build up when incorporated with the horns. Mixed in with the towels waving at playoff time and it really sets a battle scene. Saw a game in March 2013 against sharks and had no idea what the intro was and it lost the build up for me. Just personally, everytime i hear that song on the radio, i think of the canucks and playoffs and gets hairs standing on the back of my neck. And im not even a u2 fan. Yes bring it back.

I don't mind if people have their preferences, but anyone who cherry-picks parts of the lyrics in "Where the Streets Have No Name" to say it makes us sound weak don't understand the meaning of the song.

It's about the ebb and flow of a journey to another place, a journey filled with wonders and trials and tribulations leading to a promised land. And to us Canucks fans, it's about the journey to our promised land: Lord Stanley's Cup.

I don't mind if people have their preferences, but anyone who cherry-picks parts of the lyrics in "Where the Streets Have No Name" to say it makes us sound weak don't understand the meaning of the song.

It's about the ebb and flow of a journey to another place, a journey filled with wonders and trials and tribulations leading to a promised land. And to us Canucks fans, it's about the journey to our promised land: Lord Stanley's Cup.

We've done it to death and lost every time. Including Game 7 vs Boston. Why not try something different? Different team, different intro.

Plus putting too much thought into U2 lyrics isn't good for your health.

We've done it to death and lost every time. Including Game 7 vs Boston. Why not try something different? Different team, different intro.

Plus putting too much thought into U2 lyrics isn't good for your health.

Please, I thought it up on the spot when I got annoyed by shallow-minded thinking. Understanding the deeper meaning in music is as easy as 123 if you have the experience. Besides, what happened to all the other wins leading up to game 7?

I don't care if the intro is U2 or not, I just wanted to speak out. I've been leaning towards something more energetic myself, like "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin.

Please, I thought it up on the spot when I got annoyed by shallow-minded thinking. Understanding the deeper meaning in music is as easy as 123 if you have the experience. Besides, what happened to all the other wins leading up to game 7?

I don't care if the intro is U2 or not, I just wanted to speak out. I've been leaning towards something more energetic myself, like "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin.

:bigblush:

I want to run

I want to hide

IS NO WAY TO OPEN UP A SC PLAYOFF GAME.

Like it or not, those are the opening lines to the song and everybody who hears the guitar lick knows thats what is coming and it is just not suitable for hockey. Nobody present at a game will be thinking about the deeper meaning of the song.

Why don't people get this?

Rawk the gdamn house already!

Immigrant song would be great

Manson's Beautiful People always works for sporting events

Maybe i'm a little too agro but I would go with

I want to run

I want to hide

IS NO WAY TO OPEN UP A SC PLAYOFF GAME.

Like it or not, those are the opening lines to the song and everybody who hears the guitar lick knows thats what is coming and it is just not suitable for hockey. Nobody present at a game will be thinking about the deeper meaning of the song.

Why don't people get this?

Rawk the gdamn house already!

Immigrant song would be great

Manson's Beautiful People always works for sporting events

Maybe i'm a little too agro but I would go with

Hahahahah! :picard:

Can you tell me when these lines are sung in the intro, or is it all in your head?

Archived