The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] [Value of] Expendable Canucks

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I understand. You gave a pretty good selection of choices. The only name(s) there that could possibly get 1st round picks are Hamhuis and Lack if there are 2 or 3 teams bidding for his/their services.

i just want to make a draft proposal based off this thats all....

Anybody who is voting 1st round picks needs to jump off of the homer wagon.

The 29 other teams will know they aren't crucial cogs for the Canucks and will bid accordingly.

Expendable (dictionary definition) - of little significance when compared to an overall purpose, and therefore able to be abandoned.

I would agree with this except for one caveat: Hamhuis. Sekera got a 1st + McKeown at the deadline. Hamhuis with a year left should be able to get a 1st + decent prospect.

Shoulda given that advice to your own GM before he traded for Kane and Bogosian.

That trade will show in time whether it was a good trade. As much as I like Zack, I thought, as did many others, that Darcy Regier fleeced GMMG. Now Hodgson is a 3rd/4th line player and Zack was recently playing with the Sedins.

All of the experts contend that the Kane trade will take 2 or 3 years before it can be judged.

I would agree with this except for one caveat: Hamhuis. Sekera got a 1st + McKeown at the deadline. Hamhuis with a year left should be able to get a 1st + decent prospect.

That's what I said a few posts up. Same with Lack. If more than one team wanted him then it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he would fetch a low 1st rounder.

Hamhuis, NTC, took a discount to play here, doubtful he'd move.

Burrows, NTC, his career started here, doubt he moves.

Higgins: Useful enough to have trade value. Also has to agree to move. Possible?

Stanton: Why? He's cheap, he's useful and he's young. Trade for the sake of making a trade???

Lack: See Stanton.

i just want to make a draft proposal based off this thats all....

I understand. As I said, the one thing you did very well was that you gave a bunch of options under each player instead of just listing something lazy like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

That's what I said a few posts up. Same with Lack. If more than one team wanted him then it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he would fetch a low 1st rounder.

Yea that post came through while I was already writing that and I didn't see it til after. I don't see Lack getting a first. There will be quite a few starting options in free agency this year. Lack has more potential for sure but it's not like he's even particularly proven. Going to be even harder to get a 1st for him if Bernier is on the market this summer too.

Hamhuis, NTC, took a discount to play here, doubtful he'd move.

Burrows, NTC, his career started here, doubt he moves.

Higgins: Useful enough to have trade value. Also has to agree to move. Possible?

Stanton: Why? He's cheap, he's useful and he's young. Trade for the sake of making a trade???

Lack: See Stanton.

i didnt know i couldnt pretend to trade players with ntcs

1: Edler - Sbisa

2: Clendening - Tanev

3: Bieksa - Corrado

or

3: Stanton - Corrado

by trading lack we trade away a topped out player, we potentialy retain a goalie with room to develop in markstrom and eriksson stays to start for the comets

i didnt know i couldnt pretend to trade players with ntcs

3: Bieksa - Corrado

or

3: Stanton - Corrado

by trading lack we trade away a topped out player, we potentialy retain a goalie with room to develop in markstrom and eriksson stays to start for the comets

My eyes!

and who gets to decide who the expendable players are?...benning, linden, willie...cdc?

me in this situation based on my projection that genier, jensen, baertschi, corrado, kenins, clendening, sbisa are ready for promotions....

me in this situation based on my projection that genier, jensen, baertschi, corrado, kenins, clendening, sbisa are ready for promotions....

Clendening, Sbisa, and Kenins have already been promoted.

Baertschi will likely be up next year, Richardson can leave for his place.

Corrado will likely be up next year, Weber can leave for his place.

Grenier is deserving, but likely to stay in the minors for another year.

Jensen needs more time.

Clendening, Sbisa, and Kenins have already been promoted.

Baertschi will likely be up next year, Richardson can leave for his place.

Corrado will likely be up next year, Weber can leave for his place.

Grenier is deserving, but likely to stay in the minors for another year.

Jensen needs more time.

i disagree, both jensen and grner should take the bottom siz rw roles while corrado takes a bottom 6 role not a depth role, baertschi takes higgins spot

i disagree, both jensen and grner should take the bottom siz rw roles while corrado takes a bottom 6 role not a depth role, baertschi takes higgins spot

You disagree, but scouts have said this year that barely any of our prospects should be recalled for full time duty. I would expect most of them to continue in the minors next year, as well.

Because we'd rather have Zack Kassian on the Canucks than Kyle Wood. Maybe not you, but certainly Jim Benning, me, Zack Kassian, and plenty others on CDC.

:bigblush:

Actually Benning admitted to trying to move him. So that Jim Benning part is still in question...

whats the value of these canucks:

- Chris Higgins pretty average, one 2nd and prospect?

- Alex Burrows same as Higgins, 2nd and prospect? I'd keep him, we can rotate him with Kass and Vrbata with the Twins

- Ryan Stanton still higher than Sbisa. Depending on what he asks for as an RFA, I'd keep him for the 3rd pairing.

- Eddie Lack our likely future #1 goalie. Don't think we should move him.

- Linden Vey couple seconds? I'd rather package him to get another 2nd line center

- Dan Hamhuis low 1st and middle prospect

- Yannik Weber

higher than we give credit for, he's put up 17 pt. in 55 GP (25 pt. in 82 GP) and only earns $850k! We should keep him

In bold are my thoughts. No Sbisa? He should be someone we'd move.

Archived