The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Parents Insisting I Find a Girlfriend: Don't Know How to React

lacrotix

Pretty sure the kids these days just use Tinder to get laid and only worry about relationships after 25+ unless they just happen across someone they actually connect with via tinder/friends/partying/school/work etc.

So yeah, keep on keep'n on and do that ^^

yeah, but if you visit an ebola quarantine zone, don't be surprised when you start coughing up blood either.

Well yeah I don't want to minimize the risk of STD's, they are out there, and it's good to be responsible.

But my point is that these days, casual sex is pretty common. Even if people are bringing home randoms from the club every weekend, there are plenty of FWB type situations. And its not limited to college or greasy bars, it happens in the workplace, parties, friend groups, etc. It's totally possible to enter these type of mutual agreements where you're both getting laid and you're not being a deceptive player who uses women.

Well yeah I don't want to minimize the risk of STD's, they are out there, and it's good to be responsible.

But my point is that these days, casual sex is pretty common. Even if people are bringing home randoms from the club every weekend, there are plenty of FWB type situations. And its not limited to college or greasy bars, it happens in the workplace, parties, friend groups, etc. It's totally possible to enter these type of mutual agreements where you're both getting laid and you're not being a deceptive player who uses women.

I believe mono is probably the most common of illnesses that one can get from a random hook up..

Even a slight make out and it can be spread.. and I know about this first hand lol..

I had it in Grade 8 and supposedly spread it to someone during my first year of Uni.. after that I made sure never to make out with some random person. Getting oral herpes (not as serious as the other type) was the final straw..

You are an adult, tell them that.

"It will be too late"? It's never too late to fall in love and it's also ok to be on your own if that's a path you choose. That's the key right there - it's YOUR choice/life.

You don't "find" a girlfriend like you would a new car...it'll just happen. Do what you want to do, with all due respect to your parents who should only seek for you to be happy. I'm sure they only want the best for you, but they can't determine what that is...only you can.

I also like to point out that if he doesn't get married...it's not the end of the world.

My parents are insisting that I find a girlfriend. I’m not too interested, since I want to develop my career first.

I’m currently 22 and Male. I’ll be graduating university soon. I spent most of my early undergraduate years in fixing up my broken self. Three years later, the worst is now behind me.

I also notice that I am less interested in girls now. I guess there are less hormones in my body now.

My parents say “it will be too late” if I do not find a girlfriend soon.

What should I do? Are they right?

maybe your parents just want grandchildren :)

you know. babies at home to make the grandparents happy :)

OR you can be direct and say:

"It´s my penis and I put it where I want" :towel:

of course you can be in trouble with them for that. but I´m not responsible :lol:

Dating while younger is easier. We're more adaptable; we have less expectations, less baggage, more selection and easier access. At that age, my friends and I focused on our careers simply because that was the one component of our lives that was under our control and we needed to feel like we were at least in control of something in our lives. Now we just continue because we're too lazy to look for someone, too selfish to compromise our expectations and too stubborn to change status quo. Somehow, being single is fine until a certain age where it becomes sad. 40 seems to hit hard for a lot of people, men and women alike.

Dating while younger is easier. We're more adaptable; we have less expectations, less baggage, more selection and easier access. At that age, my friends and I focused on our careers simply because that was the one component of our lives that was under our control and we needed to feel like we were at least in control of something in our lives. Now we just continue because we're too lazy to look for someone, too selfish to compromise our expectations and too stubborn to change status quo. Somehow, being single is fine until a certain age where it becomes sad. 40 seems to hit hard for a lot of people, men and women alike.

Nice to see you back!

My parents are insisting that I find a girlfriend. Im not too interested, since I want to develop my career first.

Im currently 22 and Male. Ill be graduating university soon. I spent most of my early undergraduate years in fixing up my broken self. Three years later, the worst is now behind me.

I also notice that I am less interested in girls now. I guess there are less hormones in my body now.

My parents say it will be too late if I do not find a girlfriend soon.

What should I do? Are they right?

First world problems brotha

Archived