The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) van-nyi-sharks OFFSEASON

Canucks

Matt Martin......will be a UFA next season and NYI has clutterbuck signed for 3 years

Islanders

Chris Higgins....local playoff experienced veteran

Sharks...........Sharks get 3 young roster players to make up for the loss

Jensen...........1st rounder, young forward ready to make NHL jump

Sbisa..............1st rounder, still young with size and sharks need D

Markstrom......1st rounder, sharks are desperate for a goalie

Canucks

Patrick Marleau-.....only 2 years left on contract, low risk trade, kind of like Vrbata signing

(would rather have Thorton but I dont see the sharks biting)

about 71$ in cap space. if space is an issue bye bye Burrows

D. Sedin $7,000,000
H. Sedin $7,000,000
Z. Kassian $1,750,000
P. Marleau $6,666,667
N. Bonino $1,900,000
R. Vrbata $5,000,000
M. Martin $1,000,000
B. Horvat $894,167
A. Burrows $4,500,000
S. Baertschi $1 200,00
L. Vey $1 200,000
J. Hansen $2,500,000
A. Edler $5,000,000
C. Tanev $4 500,000
D. Hamhuis $4,500,000
K. Bieksa $4,600,000
R. Stanton $1 200,000
A. Clendening $1 200,500
R. Miller $6,000,000
R. Kenins $900 000
Y. Weber $1 200,000
F. Corrado $900 000

I personally wouldn't do either trade. I would rather have Markstrom, Sbisa and Jensen than Marleau and I don't see Matt Martin as much of a upgrade to Higgins. I think we're at the point where we have to start growing and utilizing the players in our own orginazation.

It's a great way to build good chemistry and a winning attitude. With Baertschi coming in next year, he will fill that 2nd LW spot. Let's hold on to our young guys and see what they can do.

Right.

So Marleau is 35, turning 36 soon. He's signed for 2 more years right? Look at the CAP?!!?!?!

He's an aging player.

Sedin

Sedin

Vrbata

Burrows

Vrbata

Miller

Higgins

Bieksa

Hamhuis

They are all over 32 years old. We want to get younger. Trading Jensen who's 22 years old, trading Markstrom who is 25 years old and is more than far from reaching his peak, trading one of our younger defenseman with top 4 potential for an old guy. YES, he'd fit in our already old line-up. YES, he'd be a better upgrade on LW.

But with the current youth movement, the overpriced cap, and the the age of Marleau, I have to say no.

And we also have Vrbata, who's been better than Marleau, cheaper, and has the capability to replace Marleau.

Right.

So Marleau is 35, turning 36 soon. He's signed for 2 more years right? Look at the CAP?!!?!?!

He's an aging player.

Sedin

Sedin

Vrbata

Burrows

Vrbata

Miller

Higgins

Bieksa

Hamhuis

They are all over 32 years old. We want to get younger. Trading Jensen who's 22 years old, trading Markstrom who is 25 years old and is more than far from reaching his peak, trading one of our younger defenseman with top 4 potential for an old guy. YES, he'd fit in our already old line-up. YES, he'd be a better upgrade on LW.

But with the current youth movement, the overpriced cap, and the the age of Marleau, I have to say no.

And we also have Vrbata, who's been better than Marleau, cheaper, and has the capability to replace Marleau.

need a top players to create a winning atmosphere. its best for young players development . Benning wants a playoff team every year....not to mention we kind have to trade a dman now that tanev is signed

Patrick Marleau-.....only 2 years left on contract, low risk trade, kind of like Vrbata signing

No to Marleau. btw I think the sharks gm is more than willing to lose thornton :bigblush:

There is talks that San Jose might buy him out in which a team could get him for free, That being said he can still play and can still score and would be good for a playoff team

For the lone fact there is thoughts they might buy him out, i would offer them Markstrom+ a 3rd for Marleau and 40% salary retained

If they are willing to buy him out this trade makes them eat only a portion of the salary instead of all of it still gives them a goalie prospect and a 3rd round pick it gives the Nucks a veteran player who can play in the top 6

Marleau at a 4mil cap hit is alot better than burrows at a 4.5 cap hit

Going way off the board and if SanJose was completley desperate for an overhaul and were considering buying out thornton and Marleau

Markstrom(or Lack)+Sbisa+Gaunce+Jensen+1st rounder 2016 for Thornton and Marleau 50% retained

Trade Higgens, Burrows and Hansen away for picks or prospects

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Marleau Thornton- Beartcshi

Kassian Bonino Mathias

Kennins Horvat Dorsett

Vey

That is a roster with Size and Grit for the playoffs-Top 2 lines with tons of scoring potential, 2nd line takes pressure off sedins 3rd and 4th lines are hard nose checking lines with scoring upsides

There is talks that San Jose might buy him out in which a team could get him for free, That being said he can still play and can still score and would be good for a playoff team

For the lone fact there is thoughts they might buy him out, i would offer them Markstrom+ a 3rd for Marleau and 40% salary retained

If they are willing to buy him out this trade makes them eat only a portion of the salary instead of all of it still gives them a goalie prospect and a 3rd round pick it gives the Nucks a veteran player who can play in the top 6

Going way off the board and if SanJose was completley desperate for an overhaul and were considering buying out thornton and Marleau

Markstrom(or Lack)+Sbisa+Gaunce+Jensen+1st rounder 2016 for Thornton and Marleau 50% retained

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Kassian Bonino Mathias

Kennins Horvat Dorsett

Vey

That is a roster with Size and Grit for the playoffs-Top 2 lines with tons of scoring potential, 2nd line takes pressure off sedins 3rd and 4th lines are hard nose checking lines with scoring upsides

lol no thanks, while I do think Marleau and Thornton are good players why does a team that wants to get younger trade 4-5 under age 25 players for 2 35+ players....

lol no thanks, while I do think Marleau and Thornton are good players why does a team that wants to get younger trade 4-5 under age 25 players for 2 35+ players....

Only reason i suggest is because the young players i want to see in the line up are Virtanen, McCann and Subban, as well the possibility of whomever we draft in the first round of 2015. Marleau and Thornton only have 2 years left on there contracts and could easily fill a gap while those players develop for 2 more years, after which they slot in and fill the roles

Only reason i suggest is because the young players i want to see in the line up are Virtanen, McCann and Subban, as well the possibility of whomever we draft in the first round of 2015. Marleau and Thornton only have 2 years left on there contracts and could easily fill a gap while those players develop for 2 more years, after which they slot in and fill the roles

It's a fair thought, but think it's too many futures for two players at a 2 year rental.

that and the trade will never happen, I doubt Thornton / Marleau would waive their NTC to go anywhere but a Californian team.

no way id want anything to do with Marleau hes old and makes to much money we need a ppqb dman and a second line center who wins draws

ask hammer, burrows to waive ntc or play limited ice time/ pressbox ask higgins for his 8 team trade list,

miller to ducks for a 2nd and a 4th

higgins for a 2nd east coast team

richardson for a 4th

bonino and jensen for couturier

mattias for a 3rd

hamhuis and burrows to habs for a first rounder and a decent prospect retain 1.75 mill burrows contract

have hutton, virtanen and gaunce come in next yr on entry level contracts makes team so much more competitive

virtanen sedin vrbata

sedin couturier baerchi

kenins horvat hansen

dorsett gaunce kass

vey

edler tanev

hutton bieska

sbisa clendening

stanton corrado

lack

markstrom

Are you suggesting Subban might make the team next year?

canuktravella

Today, 06:39 PM

no way id want anything to do with Marleau hes old and makes to much money we need a ppqb dman and a second line center who wins draws

ask hammer, burrows to waive ntc or play limited ice time/ pressbox ask higgins for his 8 team trade list,

miller to ducks for a 2nd and a 4th

higgins for a 2nd east coast team

richardson for a 4th

bonino and jensen for couturier

mattias for a 3rd

hamhuis and burrows to habs for a first rounder and a decent prospect retain 1.75 mill burrows contract

have hutton, virtanen and gaunce come in next yr on entry level contracts makes team so much more competitive

virtanen sedin vrbata

sedin couturier baerchi

kenins horvat hansen

dorsett gaunce kass

vey

edler tanev

hutton bieska

sbisa clendening

stanton corrado

lack

markstrom

Edited by canuktravella, Today, 06:42 PM.

No offense but anahiem would have no desire for 34 yr old miller @ 6 mil while they have 2 better goalies in their early 20's for way less. Richardson and Matthias are not so prized Ufa's that's team would give up picks just for an attempt to sign them first. Maybe San Jose would take miller for a pick or something.

D sedin

H sedin

A burrows

S Matthias

N bonino

R vrbata

S baertschi

B horvat

Z kassian

C Higgins

L very

J Hansen

A edler

C tanev

L sbisa

F corrado

R Stanton

Y weber

E lack

J markstrom

Are you suggesting Subban might make the team next year?

No in the post i said they can fill the void for 2 years to let players develop, Subban i say needs 2 years for sure in the AHL possibly 3, but out over out D prospects he would be the one i am most intrigued about ..I would like to see Nucks give a young Dman a full time shot,,,Tons of other teams have gone out on a limb with young Dman who have panned out, Vancouver loves to float theres up and down for a game or two like they have with Corrado over the years

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Kassian Bonino Mathias

Kennins Horvat Dorsett

Vey

I agree with the thought of bringing in Marleau and Thornton cause it would bring im scoring and grit. It would give us 2 solid top lines as well as 2 solid bottom 6 lines. I would however change the proposal. I would trade Miller, Jensen, Higgins and Burrows, plus maybe a pick for the 2. If higgins doesnt work throw in Kassian. Would want them to retain salary though. Salaries going both ways are close to a match and we wouldnt be giving up much youth For 2 year rentals.

Gives the Sedins as well as Thornton and Marleau a chance foe that cup before retirement

Canucks

Matt Martin......will be a UFA next season and NYI has clutterbuck signed for 3 years

Islanders

Chris Higgins....local playoff experienced veteran

Sharks...........Sharks get 3 young roster players to make up for the loss

Jensen...........1st rounder, young forward ready to make NHL jump

Sbisa..............1st rounder, still young with size and sharks need D

Markstrom......1st rounder, sharks are desperate for a goalie

Canucks

about 71$ in cap space. if space is an issue bye bye Burrows

D. Sedin $7,000,000
H. Sedin $7,000,000
Z. Kassian $1,750,000
P. Marleau $6,666,667
N. Bonino $1,900,000
R. Vrbata $5,000,000
M. Martin $1,000,000
B. Horvat $894,167
A. Burrows $4,500,000
S. Baertschi $1 200,00
L. Vey $1 200,000
J. Hansen $2,500,000
A. Edler $5,000,000
C. Tanev $4 500,000
D. Hamhuis $4,500,000
K. Bieksa $4,600,000
R. Stanton $1 200,000
A. Clendening $1 200,500
R. Miller $6,000,000
R. Kenins $900 000
Y. Weber $1 200,000
F. Corrado $900 000

Is Miller playing 82 games in your world?

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Kassian Bonino Mathias

Kennins Horvat Dorsett

Vey

There was talk last year on CDC of the Nucks buying out the Twins I think? :huh:

Marleau's their all time leader in games played, goals, points, all records possible. And still scoring at a near 60 point pace.

They could spend $7 mill on the UFA market and still not replace that production. This talk is a head scratcher?

Archived