The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was Your First Canucks Game?

thejazz97

First game I ever went to was a preseason game against Anaheim in 2005. 4-2 loss, but they had a shootout just to show it off to the fans. Can't remember anything about it except Morrison shooting.

First regular season game came the following February against Minnesota. Daniel scored in OT for a 3-2 win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=menlEdVL1rc

I'm an old fart. My first game was in 62 in the old PNE Forum against the Seattle Totems. I went to a few games in the first NHL season.

The one I remember is when we beat the Philadelphia Flyers 5-4. They had Bobby Clarke, Rick McLeish, Dave Shultz etc. so it was a pretty big deal at the time. Our leaders were Orland Kurtenbach, Andre Boudrias and Dale Tallon.

at St. Louis 3-2 Loss during the 2011/2012 season. Tough loss but I was able to do a bit of sightseeing. St. Louis is a nice city though I was disappointed with the Gateway Arch.

Goals by Burrows and Kesler. TJ Oshie I think had 3 pts in the game.

My hotel was really cool it was the old Union Station and they converted the train station into a hotel. The hotel was only 2 blocks away from Scottstrade Center.

My 1st game in TV was a replay in german-TV of a game against the Leafs in the 1994 SC-PO (I'm not sure, the 2nd or 3rd game of these series...Wow 21y ago :shock:).. my 1st game live at the Stadium was on 9th March 2015, 2-1 win over Anaheim :frantic:

:bigblush:

Nucks vs Wings when I was 3 or 4 years old. My 2 favourite teams. Canucks lost (or I like to say Wings won :P ) 4-3. Wore my first ever jersey, an Yzerman jersey, to the game and was wearing a Canucks touque at the same time :lol: . Was awesome, got to see my idol Stevie Y score in person and my 2 fav teams play.

Oct-16-2005.

Stars vs. canucks

Canucks were down 2-0, came back to win 5-2

Weird coincidence is that the second game I attended was against the Bruins on Dec-12-2005 and in that game the canucks were also down 2-0 and came back to win 5-2

Did you go to last night's game?

First game I was 5 and saw the Canucks play Edmonton at the coliseum. Don't remember much but have this vivid memory of Bure scoring in a breakaway. Around 1994. First game were I remember I was 10 and it was the 1999-2000 season where they played Colorado. The Canucks lost 5 2 and I remember watching how dominant Sakic and Forsberg were. One of the best moments I remember at a game is when they played Philly a few years back and Juice fought Mike Richards. Opened up with a superman punch.

It was long ago, before your time sonny...lol

Maybe it was 87or 88 can't say. Anyways it was against the Minnesota North Stars and I believe we lost the game. If anyone remembers the Dino Ciccarelli debacle allegedly involving his baby sitter and a court case. Anyhow at the end of the first we go down to ice level where the players left the ice for the dressing rooms in the old coliseum. there weren't any real barriers you could virtually reach out and touch the players as they went by. So this drunk guy in the crowd yells out "Hey Ciccarelli you f'n pervert!" Dino lunges at the guy and would have throttled him but his teammates held him back...lol good times!

Archived