The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was Your First Canucks Game?

thejazz97

I believe mine was a game in 1995. I know for a fact they were wearing the "Salmon" coloured alternate jersey. Which is honestly why I feel I have such an attachment to that jersey. No idea who they were playing. Flyers maybe? I also distinctly remember eating peanut butter M&M's.

Nom nom.

October 4th, 1991. 4-3 win against the San Jose Sharks at the Pacific Coliseum. We had just moved to Vancouver that summer. The only reason I remember is because it was the Sharks first game ever. Technically my brother and I had been to the Sharks Canucks pre-season game as well but I don't count that one.

December 29th, 1984 was my first ever NHL game. A 5-4 Chicago Bkackhawks win over the Maple Leafs at Maple Leaf Gardens.

Do the old Western Hockey League Canucks count?

I first saw the WHL Canucks play in 1968 at the brand new Pacific Coliseum but didn't see the NHL Canucks live until almost a decade later, October, 1977 against the Colorado Rockies.

My first live NHL game was in 1960-61 in Maple Leaf Gardens.

Apparently I was at a few games during the 94 playoff run. Including game 6 against the Rangers. But seeing as I was about 10 months old I don't recall much.

The first one I remember was the "we choked" game at the end of 02/03 season against the Kings. I was so upset they didnt score ahahaha

Nov 3rd, 1991. Vancouver 7-2 winners over the visiting Oilers.

It was Stan Smyl night as #12 was raised to the rafters (the first ever officially retired number for the Canucks).

I also believe that Igor Larionov had his first NHL hat-trick that night.

Nov 3rd, 1991. Vancouver 7-2 winners over the visiting Oilers.

It was Stan Smyl night as #12 was raised to the rafters (the first ever officially retired number for the Canucks).

I also believe that Igor Larionov had his first NHL hat-trick that night.

I remember that game. Frank Sr spoke and reminisced about Stan's career. He said Stan's career highlight was how he led the Canucks to the Grey Cup in '82. I never laughed so hard in my life. I was told Frank Sr had dementia by a friend and the laughing stopped at that point. I still cant help but chuckle when I think about that moment though.

8 or 9 years old. A family friend took me to see the Canucks play the Blackhawks at PC. I remember the smell of beer and the dense clouds of smoke from the cigarettes in the hallways. The PC seemed huge when you were a little kid. Had to be 1976 because they were still wearing the stick in rink jerseys.

I think I was hoping to see Bobby Orr play but his knees were done for. I remember the Canucks won the game. I had the program from that for years.

Wish I kept it so I could remember the date.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_1977_games.html

February 15th 2012 vs Colorado. Think we won that game 3-1

I've been to 7 games total now. Costs a lot to go seeing that I live on the Island, but I love it

Archived